Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Lunch in Chichester anyone?

(13 Posts)
Gagagran Tue 23-Sep-14 13:37:55

Three or four of us are hoping to meet up in the near future in Chichester. We need some dates and names so we can arrange something more definite. Anyone up for it?

Penstemmon Tue 23-Sep-14 14:14:35

Hi Chichester is not far for me. I am away 15 October for 12 days and have DGCs on Tuesdays/Thursdays. So if you picj=ka date and i am abe to join you I'd try to get there!

Gagagran Tue 23-Sep-14 15:14:15

8 October any good Penstemmon? It has been suggested and it is OK for me. The Cathedral tea rooms is the proposed venue - can we say 11.30am to give time for a good chat?

Hope that's OK for you Jam?

Anyone else would be very welcome to join us - four so far. smile

jamsidedown Tue 23-Sep-14 19:01:58

gagagran that is good for me, hope others can make it too!

PRINTMISS Tue 23-Sep-14 19:30:33

Sorry all of you, I was the one who suggested the date, and out of the 4 I gave Gaga, that is the one that I should not have suggested. Unfortunately Pen two of those I gave Gag were whilst you are on holiday, however, I have an alternative to the 8th - 9th and the last one was 20th.

jamsidedown Tue 23-Sep-14 19:47:16

20th is fine by me, but we can wait until Penstemon comes back from her well earned rest if that's ok?

jamsidedown Tue 23-Sep-14 19:47:51

Or go twice grin

Gagagran Wed 24-Sep-14 08:16:24

20th looks OK but it is the start of two of my DGC's half term (they get 2 weeks) so might be needed but not yet arranged. Shall we go for that then and if I'll try my best to make it?

11.30am at the Cathedral tearooms?

jamsidedown Wed 24-Sep-14 08:41:29

gagagran that is fine with me! but what about Penstemon?

Gagagran Wed 24-Sep-14 09:04:28

Well we could have another meet when Pen gets back? We are going round in circles a bit with dates but if we get one sorted the rest should follow on. Hopefully there'll be three of us and maybe we might get some more when we say it's on. Just need Printmiss to agree and it's a goer!

Gagagran Wed 24-Sep-14 14:14:46

Hopefully we have a firm date now - Wednesday 29 October 2014 11.30am in the Chichester Cathedral tearooms. Anyone who fancies joining us - Printmiss, Jamsidedown, Penstemmon et moi would be most welcome.

Tell you what - it's not easy fixing a date on GN!

jamsidedown Wed 24-Sep-14 17:48:50

We'll done for sorting us out Gagagran, just as well there aren't more of us! Looking forward to meeting - red carnation in the buttonhole or a paper hat with "I'm a Gransnetter" - subtle enough? grin

PRINTMISS Thu 25-Sep-14 08:38:14

I will see you all there, Red carnation a good idea, paper hat I can do too(!). I will be the OLD one. Looking forward to it very much.