Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Meet up

(15 Posts)
BiNtHeReDuNiT14 Fri 27-Feb-15 10:57:03

Anyone from West of Scotland fancy a short meet up just to get acquainted and maybe plan something ( like a lunch ) for later on

Elegran Sat 28-Feb-15 21:09:36

You don't seem to be getting any replies on meeting up in the west. I am posting on it to "bump" it up just to keep it showing.
(Suggesting a place might trigger someone near there to come)

BiNtHeReDuNiT14 Sun 01-Mar-15 08:23:02

Thanks Elegran. !

baubles Sun 01-Mar-15 09:44:53

How far west are you? There are occasional meet ups in Edinburgh, are you able to get there easily?

thatbags Sun 01-Mar-15 09:48:12

Hey, dunit14, I'm on the eastern side of Argyll and happy to meet up some time. Whereabouts are you? stdavids

BiNtHeReDuNiT14 Thu 05-Mar-15 21:34:28

Thanks "That Bags" I am in Helensburgh. Down in Derby just now (usually down here approx every six weeks to see Grandson....just so he doesn't forget me!!!!! but would love a meet up at some point. Hubby quite happy with his shed.......I on the other hand like to get and about as much as poss. How far East are you?

BiNtHeReDuNiT14 Thu 05-Mar-15 21:39:50

Thanks Baubles, very Thankful for the offer. I spend every other Monday in Edinburgh babysitting Grandaughter, and down in Derby approx every six weeks to see Grandson. Great to meet up anytime train goes straight through from Helensburgh so a lengthy but easy travel. Just getting to grips with how this sites workings but didn't seem to be many inmy area on local site. May need to start one ???

Jane10 Fri 06-Mar-15 07:52:44

If you're in Edinburgh every other Monday we could do coffee somewhere. GD too of course. How old is she? There's lots of child friendly places. The Botanics maybe -good coffee and a nice walk? Just a suggestion

BiNtHeReDuNiT14 Fri 06-Mar-15 20:30:34

Thanks Jane 10 I have to say I have never been to Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh to my shame.... only Glasgow, so sounds lovely. I am on 'duty' again a week Mon 17th March so if free it would be ideal but if your March is going the way mine is you are probably busy !!!!! so any other fortnightly Monday would be appreciated and I can pick your brains on best places to visit, child friendly etc.
Regards

Jane10 Sat 07-Mar-15 07:21:27

I'll PM you!

grannyg1 Wed 01-Jul-15 17:40:28

Anyone in Glasgow?

Jane10 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:17:09

Its hard to believe that there's no GNers in Glasgow. Could you check on Mumsnet? Ask Weegee mums to mention it to their mums?

sally345 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:34:39

Hello everyone I'm new to this thread and would love to hear from anyone living in the Torbay are of South Devon. If you live in my locality then please get in touch and we can message each other and maybe meet up for a coffee and a chat. That would be lovely. Love to hear from you Hope to speak real soon byeeeee Sally 345 smile

Elegran Sun 05-Jul-15 19:50:30

Hi Sally why not start a new thread called "Meetup in Torbay?" or something like it. then everyone knows from the title where you wouldlike to meet up.

Elegran Sun 05-Jul-15 19:52:09

Grannyg1 Same with your post - if it is on a thread with "Meet in Glasgow" in the title, it stands out more than a post in the middle of another thread.