Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

May I start a thread to out people who are really good at their job?

(21 Posts)
Stansgran Thu 23-Oct-14 19:47:58

I had a tedious banking problem and Nora in the Halifax in North road in Durham was good . She knew her job. I can add Monica in Santander also in Durham and David Holt the manager in Lloyd's . All people who do their job properly.

Ana Thu 23-Oct-14 19:51:11

Is this wise? confused

Stansgran Thu 23-Oct-14 19:59:54

Why not Ana? Will they be poached?

Ana Thu 23-Oct-14 20:15:47

No. I'm just not comfortable about it but I don't really know why...

merlotgran Thu 23-Oct-14 20:17:36

Do they know they are being discussed on an open website?

durhamjen Thu 23-Oct-14 20:30:47

You have a lot of banks, Stansgran. Why so many?

Soutra Thu 23-Oct-14 21:20:54

Why the word "out"? Praise or celebrate ? Fine. But out?

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 23-Oct-14 21:24:23

hmm It's just a way of speaking Soutra. #overthinking

Stansgran Thu 23-Oct-14 21:28:37

Because banks get bad press and when people do a good job they must get fed up with being tarred with the same brush.

janerowena Thu 23-Oct-14 21:45:38

In that case, Mike and Quentin, my boiler repairmen! May they never retire!

And a big thumbs down for James my window cleaner, and thumbs up for Sean his temporary replacement.

Natalia in Barclays, the nicest most helpful person I have come across in a bank. Maybe because she is polish? She spent over an hour with me and my son before he went off to uni, sorting out all his payments, student bank cards etc. We had only gone in to ask if it was worth changing his account to a student one!

ninathenana Thu 23-Oct-14 22:17:15

Praise where praise is due but I do think merlot has a point.

Teetime Fri 24-Oct-14 09:59:34

I don't know my window cleaner's name and DH says he doesn't do a very good job but Phwoar!!! 6ft 2in aged 29, dark and very fit- when the blue bucket appears on a front lawn all the ladies in this street text each other!!!

ninathenana Fri 24-Oct-14 11:09:48

grin Teetime mine is the opposite 5' 0" very slim and wirey but he does a good job.
Fancy a swap ?

glammanana Fri 24-Oct-14 11:19:18

grin re window cleaners mine can only do bungalows as he is knocking on 70ish !! his grandson does the upstairs but they both do a good job even washing the plastic frames every fortnight.
Freddy the polish car cleaner is a godsend he never leaves a streak on the paintwork,and Stephen in the Bank who seems to know every one by name without looking at their details first.

Teetime Fri 24-Oct-14 12:56:54

My daughter tells me her window cleaner only charges £5 for her four bedroom house about the same size as ours- mine charges £14 am I paying for his good looks?

Ana Fri 24-Oct-14 13:12:01

You don't know your window cleaner's name, but you know his age, Teetime...? wink

numberplease Fri 24-Oct-14 16:04:08

Don`t know her name, but the lady in the Boston Calor Centre, she couldn`t have been more helpful, even showing us a cheaper fire when I explained that money definitely WAS an object, rather than pushing us to buy a dearer model, as some would.

hildajenniJ Fri 24-Oct-14 16:22:27

Oh, dear. Window cleaners. Mine doesn't come any more. He was really good, but had to travel 11 miles to get here. He had so few clients in this area that it was no longer profitable for him to come. Teetime mine also charged £14, but I thought that had something to do with the distance he travelled. I never knew his name though.

janerowena Fri 24-Oct-14 18:35:28

£14 here, too. Bad window cleaner is gorgeous, temporary good one is not. I swear the bad one only gets away with things because he is so good-looking, but as he is friends with half the village and plays cricket with DBH I can't sack him.

numberplease Fri 24-Oct-14 23:56:21

Ours charges £7, that`s for 6 windows and the glass in 2 doors.

Teetime Sat 25-Oct-14 10:09:12

Yes ana one day I opened the door to give him his money and he seemed to be extra tasty on that day and to cover my fluster I said 'have you grow even taller' (honestly what a muppet) and he relied 'Yes I'm still growing at 29'.