Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Erroll Brown

(13 Posts)
glammanana Wed 06-May-15 22:41:04

Sad news today about the death of Erroll Brown the handsome lead singer of Hot Chocolate,over the years he never ever changed always very humble and polite.

whenim64 Wed 06-May-15 22:51:48

Yes, I was saddened to hear he has died. A nice man who never looked any older each time he appeared on TV.

Tegan Wed 06-May-15 22:54:59

A racing man, too. Used to have horses with Jenny Pitman.

numberplease Wed 06-May-15 23:10:59

Very sad news.

ninathenana Wed 06-May-15 23:38:37

A group of us 'girls' went to see Hot Chocolate live about 10 yrs ago ( average age at the time 45)
One of our group was down the front dancing in the aisle grin

Sad news.

POGS Wed 06-May-15 23:55:05

I used to love Hot Chocolate and as you say glammanana he was a handsome man, never appeared anything other than polite when interviewed.

Brings back some good memories for me too.

NfkDumpling Thu 07-May-15 08:00:52

Death is sad whoever it is, but as a rule I'm not one to be affected much by celebrities dying. People I've never had any contact at all with. On a pedestal far away. But I found myself strangely upset by this man's demise. He seemed like a lovely man and liver cancer is horrible.

carole1961 Thu 07-May-15 16:00:44

Hot Chocolate was the soundtrack to my youth.
This home grown band was a tribute to everything good in British pop music.
I think that my favourite was "so you win again!"
A few little facts that you may or not know.
He was appointed a MBE in 2003 for his services to British music and in 2004 he received an Ivor Novello Award for contributions to British music.
Today I will be playing Hot Chocolate
smile

seasider Sat 09-May-15 00:17:38

Loved Errol Brown he was the soundtrack to my teenage years. Sadly I never saw Hot Chocolate live RIP Errol .

numberplease Sat 09-May-15 23:43:27

My favourite was "I`ll Put You Together Again".
Wasn`t "You Win Again" the Bee Gees? Or was there another song, similar title? If so, I apologise.

carole1961 Tue 19-May-15 17:42:39

Number please, you crazy lady, I wrote "So You Win Again" which was a hit for Hot Chocolate for sure.
Can't say about your Bee Gees title as I'm not the biggest fan of theirs,,
You don't need to apologise smile most probably there is another similarly sounding song by some one else lol.
"I'll put you together again" was a close second,,
Thank you for acknowledging my post x

numberplease Tue 19-May-15 18:06:37

So sorry Carole, need to read more carefully in future! But as for not being a BeeGees fan, how could you? They were absolutely fabulous, just such a pity that they are no more. I am allowed to still be an Erroll Brown admirer, I hope?

rosesarered Tue 19-May-15 19:11:29

I believe in miracles ( you sexy thing) my fave record of theirs.