Gransnet forums

News & politics

Chris Huhne

(81 Posts)
POGS Mon 04-Feb-13 10:34:02

So after all the denials he has now pleaded guilty to Perverting The Course Of Justice. That must be his political career practically over do you think?. Having said that he is so sure of himself he is the sort to come out of it smelling like roses.

BoomerBabe Fri 08-Feb-13 18:08:54

PHM12 you are obviously not blessed with insight and empathy.
And yes, yes, yes that terrible anger and shock turns you into a different woman. I would have done anything I could to get revenge, only just short of murder and harm. Only just. As it was I had to content myself with being awkward, spinning the divorce out for five whole years until I got what I wanted.
I know that seriously irritated the Other Woman and caused trouble in Love Land. That was my revenge. Honestly, normally I'm quite nice! Don't judge VP. The similarities between her family and mine are so spookily strong that I really, really feel for her. My three children, although aged 19+ didn't speak to their father for two years and even now, ten years later, their relationship is strained at times.
I could write a book!

Ella46 Fri 08-Feb-13 18:25:38

Boomerbabe, Yamyam and JessM...Ditto. I know exactly how you feel.

dahlia Sat 09-Feb-13 11:40:01

This has been such an interesting subject, with well-informed input from many of you that have made me think twice about my opinions. We never know what goes on behind closed doors, and every marriage is different, with compromise being the order of the day on many occasions. I do still feel all VP's actions were based purely on revenge, but in her place I would probably have done the same - though it is the family I really feel sorry for.
I'm not sure whether I would take the blame for DH's actions - it would depend on the circumstances.

Wollstonia Sat 09-Feb-13 15:48:07

The curiosity will be if Huhne gives evidence against his ex-wife and says that he didn't coerce her.

Presumably he won't want to perjure himself, but as he has admitted to perverting the course of justice, will he be believed by the jury?

Of course he may not be called as witness against Ms Price, which would be even more curious.

And after all they are the only two people in the world who know what really happened.

parker Sat 09-Feb-13 16:44:36

Emotional blackmail in marriage is not that unusual and I think it does not matter how successful you are at work. It is possible to feel so pressured that at home you give in,