Gransnet forums

News & politics

Aaaaaah!!

(42 Posts)
merlotgran Sun 07-Jun-15 09:15:19

Lovely pics

Much better than the very formal photos that used to be the norm.

Ariadne Sun 07-Jun-15 09:18:49

Even so - that little boy is presented like a child from the past, especially the hair! Nevertheless, charming pictures.

kittylester Sun 07-Jun-15 09:25:43

Agree Ariadne. Lovely photos but the outfit is so out of step and who brylcreemed his hair?

loopylou Sun 07-Jun-15 09:36:22

I imagine his outfit is purely for the photo shoot, isn't it?
I can't see DGS,vwho's a little younger, staying neat and clean for five minutes dressed like that!

Beautiful photos though smile

Teetime Sun 07-Jun-15 09:49:55

Yes they look lovely I love the one of him kissing his sisters forehead but I probably wouldn't put George in long socks and a collared shirt.sad

Riverwalk Sun 07-Jun-15 10:02:45

George is the image of granddad Middleton, especially the hairline!

Mishap Sun 07-Jun-15 11:00:45

That sofa isn't going to stay white for long!

Charleygirl Sun 07-Jun-15 13:27:53

It stated in the newspaper that was the same outfit George was dressed in the day that he visited his mother and new sister in hospital. To me, the long socks are so old fashioned in one so young.

HildaW Sun 07-Jun-15 13:53:18

Gorgeous....must I so want to ruffle his hair!

merlotgran Sun 07-Jun-15 14:13:43

Me too, Hilda. The comb-over is not a good look for a toddler.

annodomini Sun 07-Jun-15 14:14:16

Lovely children but his hairstyle is straight out of the 1940s and those socks look too tight round his chubby little legs. I fear for his circulation! Charlotte looks as if she had a mind of her own.

Granny23 Sun 07-Jun-15 14:19:27

I feel quite sad on behalf of Princess Charlotte that all the comment on her very first publically released photos, focusses on her big brother. I really believe that her first portrait should have depicted only herself (in something other than a babygro) but suspect that this is indicative of her future role as a 'plus 1' to Prince George - the boy who will be King. My objection is not gender based but rather harks back to my childhood and (in spite of my best efforts) my younger daughter's where we were constantly referred to and categorised by aunties, grannies, neighbours and school as the older sister by name's 'wee sister' as if we had no name, or identity of our own.

absentgrandma Sun 07-Jun-15 14:21:15

s.

merlotgran Sun 07-Jun-15 14:30:03

The thing is, Granny23 If most of the posts had been about how adorable the baby is (and she is) someone would have come on here and said, 'Hang on. What about Prince George. It's not fair to ignore him just because he now has a sweet little sister.'

They're BOTH lovely.

absentgrandma Sun 07-Jun-15 14:32:29

Bloody tablet!!!
l
As I was saying before I lost the lot. ... I thought the photos were absolutely aaagh, but the Little Lord Fauntleroy look really jarred.
I showed them to the OH who said 'Well, that's the nanny ' but I thought the Cambridges idea was to get away from the stereotypical British nanny.
Does anyone remember an almost identical set of photos released when Princes Anne was a baby, with a chubby brother aka the POW??

merlotgran Sun 07-Jun-15 14:35:50

The nanny is Spanish isn't she?

ninathenana Sun 07-Jun-15 16:19:17

Totally agree about the clothes. I thought Charlotte was wearing a white jumper rather than a babygrow. Why not a pretty little dress ?

George's hair whilst not to my taste is actually quiet fashionable if the trendily dressed little darlings at DGS pre school are anything to go by shock

annsixty Sun 07-Jun-15 16:34:49

While I do not like to see tiny babies wearing denim and bright clothes, I do expect to see rising 2's look as if they want to climb and run around in practical clothes. However they are lovely children, although I have seldom seen a baby change so much facially as Charlotte.

aggie Sun 07-Jun-15 17:11:13

My reaction was .. I hope there is an adult hand near in case he decides to let go !

annodomini Sun 07-Jun-15 17:31:42

I read somewhere that Charlotte was wearing a cashmere jumper in the photograph. I would recommend something rather more washable!

FarNorth Sun 07-Jun-15 17:40:17

At the end of the article are recommendations for where to buy clothes to "get the Prince George look".
I agree that Princess Charlotte should have had her own photo-shoot.

loopylou Sun 07-Jun-15 18:09:36

I doubt that they worry about things needing special washing, or any laundry if it comes to that anno, unlike us hmm

I'd love to see George in 'normal' toddler clothes with mussed up hair and definitely not long socks!

tanith Sun 07-Jun-15 18:17:13

Agree with everyone that the 'hair' the socks and clothes were so old fashioned I can't quite believe Kate dresses him like that..

TerriBull Sun 07-Jun-15 18:30:37

Like others have commented, not liking the socks AT ALL! I'm not sure little boys wear socks like that anymore, he looks very 1940s/50s the outfit's way too formal. Yes I agree loopylou mess his hair up a bit

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 07-Jun-15 18:34:51

FFS! I can't believe some of the carping comments on here!

All two year old boys should have a 'best' outfit like this one - why not? What do you want? An "I love my Daddy" tee shirt? hmm

Of course his hair is not Brylcreemed! He's 2! They have shiny hair at that age.

Could it possibly be that the long socks are to keep his legs warm? Surely not! hmm

Lovely pictures of lovely children.