Gransnet forums

News & politics

NHS Current Issues

(9 Posts)
POGS Tue 21-Jul-15 10:29:16

IF anybody is interested in non biased information re the NHS and prefer to listen to the horses mouth then can I advise you to watch free view 131 which is covering live the :-

'NHS Current Issues' being broadcast live in the select committee rooms .

Those being questioned by the cross party committee include Simon Stevens CEO, NHS ENGLAND.

Of course this will possibly only be interesting to English GN'ers as those from Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland have a lot of devolved powers re NHS issues. However I appreciate some will be , like myself, interested in all 4 countries of the UK and also like to hear how other countries are dealing with their NHS commitments.

If you are too late to view live try watching it on catch up, it is good sometimes to not debate/argue but simply ' listen ' to those who are able to give information and ask questions without partisan rhetoric, although it does creep in occasionally, it is for the most part however very instructive for the likes of myself to give considered thought to many aspects of the NHS and it's running.

whitewave Tue 21-Jul-15 10:50:10

Thanks POG will look later.

durhamjen Tue 21-Jul-15 13:20:06

85800+ have signed a petition to get rid of Jeremy Hunt.
At the moment on parliament tv they are talking about why people in the NHS will not whistle blow.

whitewave Tue 21-Jul-15 13:20:51

Be interested to. Hear what you think once you have had time to take on board what was said.

whitewave Tue 21-Jul-15 13:21:27

That was to pogs

POGS Tue 21-Jul-15 15:56:29

Whitewave

As I said if anybody wants to listen to the horses mouth and not just read, listen to biased commentary then take advantage of watching debates in Parliament and the Committee Rooms for yourself to gleen information.

I did say it is good sometimes to not debate/argue but simply 'listen' to those who are capable of asking questions and giving information without partisan politics and rhetoric.

Practically every thread is turned into an argument/protestation or a petition signing request which is fine if you like that sort of thing but some GN'ers simply don't bother engaging in those threads or are simply ' free thinkers ' who are well aware of the fact that to be able to assess and process information to make your own mind up you don't just read one paper, don't just watch one news /political t.v station , don't rely on GN posters neccessarily for unbiased information, surely it makes perfect sense to take advantage of finding out information from source .

If I posted what I thought about it it would take about 1 minute for somebody to challenge my view so I will /could be accused of being a hypocrite who is telling others not to listen to biased thought and producing my own .

It would also defeat the object of trying to get at least t one thread on GN without heated debate but I fear contention is the aim sometimes. I posted my OP for anybody interested in 'listening' to what was being said as they may have missed it for one reason or another. If they are not interested then they will simply not bother to watch it.

whitewave Tue 21-Jul-15 16:30:28

Oh! that's me toldgrin

POGS Tue 21-Jul-15 17:27:02

Didn't mean to whitewave, I find you put forward some good points in your posts and certainly take a lot of trouble to put over your view using your own words thoughts.

Not looking for trouble and appreciate your response was not looking for any. [doveemoticon]

durhamjen Wed 05-Aug-15 22:46:22

NHS current issue.

www.healthinvestor.co.uk/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=4260

Didn't know about this.