Are you watching, now on BBC 1?

granjura Mon 05-Oct-15 21:04:20

Sorry BBC3

Luckygirl Mon 05-Oct-15 21:15:26

We are recording it.

Ana Mon 05-Oct-15 21:18:01

OFGS, another unpleasant thread that'll run and run...hmm

merlotgran Mon 05-Oct-15 21:23:34

That's just what I was thinking Ana so I'm watching Doc Martin even though I think he's a twat twit.

It's either that or Wayne Rooney who is also a twat very good football player (so they say) hmm

Luckygirl Mon 05-Oct-15 21:31:47

We are with Doc Martin - most doctors enjoy it because he says the things that they were dying to say but dared not!

Alea Mon 05-Oct-15 21:45:36

Neil Oliver and the Celts for me.

Alea Mon 05-Oct-15 21:48:17

I rarely like things on BBC3, I think it has a higher % of tosh on it, the TV equivalent of the tabloid press!

Now BBC4, that's usually where you'll find me (if not on 2).

granjura Mon 05-Oct-15 21:52:28

why should the thread be unpleasant? And why should you refuse to watch, what are you afraid of? It says a lot- perhaps.

Alea Mon 05-Oct-15 21:57:11

Nobody is afraid to watch whatever this is, Doc Martin is much nicer and more entertaining, Neil Oliver( a one-man Celtic horde) easier on the eye and more interesting but let's face it, it is a contentious title and I would be tempted to answer your questions Granjura, as "No" and "No".
What it says is that this is a free society and one that will not be dictated to.

merlotgran Mon 05-Oct-15 22:00:08

Is nobody watching Wayne Rooney then? grin

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 05-Oct-15 22:01:52

Yes! I've been watching Wayne. grin

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 05-Oct-15 22:02:45

He's a very sweet lad.

granjura Mon 05-Oct-15 22:04:59

the young woman who led the research was certainly a lot more pleasing on the eye than either- certainly Rooney. And way, way more intelligent and so much more- and what she found out was truly shocking. The young, well dressed and groomed young man from the EDL certainly did answer the question asked earlier about 'being British' - and it did not fit in with the rule of Law. That is the truth- and we could discuss it sensibly- or you could choose to put your head in the sand, turn the whole thing to provocative ridicule, or refuse to watch or even think about it. Which one might actually help go forwards and find solutions.

Jeremy Clarkson and Rooney- hurrah we are saved.

Luckygirl Mon 05-Oct-15 22:05:18

There was a good series on BBC3 (which as a channel is aimed at a younger audience) about student doctors - it was excellent, but the presentation had that wacky aspect that producers think is necessary to appeal to young audiences.

The programme about racism comes highly recommended in a number of papers, so I have recorded it to see if they are correct, having had experience of one good programme on the channel.

durhamjen Mon 05-Oct-15 22:13:58

I watched it, granjura.
I think the response on here is probably what you would expect.
I mentioned it on the British thread, and put a stop to that!

The young man, Jack, who said that market was a completely different world to English was a bit worrying. I've never heard of Liberty GB. It's right of UKIP.
"All people have a native homeland," was one of his best phrases.

I thought the experiments were quite interesting, particularly the brain scan which showed that there is an inbuilt fear when she saw a black face.

granjura Mon 05-Oct-15 22:23:54

Indeed dj- the reaction here is almost as worrying- denial and derision. So concerning that I will not even attempt to continue to discuss this- lets leave Rooney and JC to solve UK's really worrying rise of racism and the far right- I'm sure they will help (talk about BBC 3 and the gutter press ...).
But it says a lot, hugely sadly.

Anniebach Mon 05-Oct-15 22:29:20

I will watch it tomorrow on catch-up, thank you granjura

Jen, liberty GB are racist

Alea Mon 05-Oct-15 22:30:55

Granjura I am an educated and responsible adult (old enough and ugly enough to decide for myself) and I will NOT be hectored and told what I should or should not watch on TV or, indeed care about.
I believe I am more than capable of form g my own judgements about where British society may be going without this deliberately provocative approach, whether via a programme on BBC 3, an article in the DM or other organs of the media which I may find equally distasteful.
I have no desire to "discuss it sensibly" or otherwise with you but that does not mean my head is in the sand or indeed up my fundament. angry

Ana Mon 05-Oct-15 22:32:34

Well said, Alea.

merlotgran Mon 05-Oct-15 22:34:10

Ditto.

durhamjen Mon 05-Oct-15 22:37:20

So do not write on this thread! Go back on your own happy Britain thread.

I looked Liberty up, Anniebach. It was set up by two disgruntled Ukippers.
He says he's not racist, but culturist.
They had three candidates standing in the general election, including Luton; can't think why. Three lost deposits. They have also been in court for inciting.

Anya Mon 05-Oct-15 22:38:47

And, may I add in support of the last two posts, even though I am concerned about issues like this, the last place I would choose to debate this is on this forum where it is impossible to have a rational debate, because sooner or later.......well fill in the gaps yourself.

Anya Mon 05-Oct-15 22:39:47

Oops - the last two posts when I started were from Alea and Ana

merlotgran Mon 05-Oct-15 22:41:01

That's Ok, Anya...I'm not offended grin