Gransnet forums

News & politics

Gatwick - North Terminal

(7 Posts)
MiniMouse Sat 14-Nov-15 12:16:11

... Has been evacuated and is in lockdown because of someone acting suspiciously and carrying/leaving a suspect bag. Perhaps we can take some comfort knowing how quickly this was spotted and is being dealt with.

loopylou Sat 14-Nov-15 12:40:44

It's a precaution because of a suspect package according to BBC news just now.
No mention of a person or suspicious behaviour now.

Security has been very tight at all airports for some time so good to know it's effective too.

Bellanonna Sat 14-Nov-15 13:03:55

Agreed. I'm surprised at people in the security queue who complain at having to remove belts and shoes. I'm so grateful that I have to.

Charleygirl Sat 14-Nov-15 13:07:16

I do not know enough about other cities but in London one can only walk a few steps and a CCTV is at work. Apparently France is now going to take a leaf out of our book and increase security as apparently they have been rather lax.

I have no objections to high security wherever I go and I agree it is good to hear that it is effective at airports too, I was working in central London during the 7/7 attacks and it was scary- being a case of "there but for the grace of God" etc.

I always felt that never should the b*****s get us down and I continued as usual but I was more aware of what was going on around me when on a tube etc.

MiniMouse Sat 14-Nov-15 13:13:11

South Terminal is now affected - no-one is being allowed to leave the building. No more details at the moment, it's just been on local news.

loopylou Sat 14-Nov-15 13:36:28

I've never complained about security precautions anywhere and a don't understand those who do.

JamJar1 Sat 14-Nov-15 15:14:29

Just read the latest on this story.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318312/Gatwick-North-Terminal-evacuated-armed-police-arrest-man-grenade-bag.html