Gransnet forums

News & politics

New Barbies in new colours

(7 Posts)
BabsAnn Fri 29-Jan-16 09:04:21

Well, I'm all for the new Barbies of more colours, shapes and sizes (personally, can't believe it's taken so long for Mattel to catch up). I bought my granddaughter the Barbie vet for Christmas but even that one came in impossibly high heels and satin pink top. Like no vet I've ever seen!

mollie Fri 29-Jan-16 09:14:08

Definately good news. Personally I dislike the whole Barbie thing but they are my 5 year old GD's current favourites so I grin and bear it...

bikergran Fri 29-Jan-16 09:38:49

Lately we have had an arrange of Barbies all lined up on the shelf in our charity shop, most naked! I felt like making little dresses for them all smile there was also an "Action man" nearby in full combat gear lol...I move him to another shelf! smile

Alea Fri 29-Jan-16 09:40:17

Have they made a "grey" one with glasses yet? She is old enough!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 29-Jan-16 09:41:32

DD2 had a barbie doll. She loved it. Never ocurred to her that the doll would never have been able to stay upright if she had that shape in real life.

Oh, and never once did she try to emulate the doll. She had other more important things in her life. The girls that were/are influenced by Barbie must be sadly lacking in something in their lives. Down to the parents as much as anything. Can't blame the 'meeja' for everything.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 29-Jan-16 09:42:40

biker grin (glad you moved him!)

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 29-Jan-16 09:45:44

My Christmas tree fairy is a doll in the style, somewhat, of Barbie. I dressed her myself. For years her top would gradually, over the course of the holiday season, slip down showing more and more of her ample bosom.

(She) is decent again now.