Gransnet forums

News & politics

I'm glad Mr activist didn't get arrested.....

(8 Posts)
grannyactivist Tue 12-Jul-16 01:10:54

..... for joining in this protest outside the Science Museum, which is hosting an arms trade dinner. Phew!! (A couple of people did. shock)

So proud of The Wonderful Man, but equally I'm sickened that the UK is courting Saudi Arabia and other murderous regimes. They are in the UK shopping for more weapons from companies such as BAE whose aircraft are bombing Yemen. UK Government Ministers were there to help facilitate the deals.

NfkDumpling Tue 12-Jul-16 06:36:53

Fantastic him! You're right to be proud of him! It's beyond me why our esteemed country sells arms to a country which could easily use them against us or our friends - or sell them on to someone who will.

vampirequeen Tue 12-Jul-16 08:17:47

Way to go Mr Activist!!!!

We will sell to anyone who has oil.

whitewave Tue 12-Jul-16 08:21:02

Those were the days my friend!!!!! I remember them well. Power to Mr Activist!

Anya Tue 12-Jul-16 08:45:45

Too few people willing to get up and protest theses days unless it affects them directly.

So respect! to Mr Activist.

This is an aspect of the French persona I do admire - the willingness of the populace to get off their backside and march in protest - Libertë, Egalitë, Fraternité.

Sadly we're a nation of NIMBYs these days.

Eloethan Tue 12-Jul-16 13:00:30

Well done to him.

Wheniwasyourage Tue 12-Jul-16 18:46:32

Three cheers for Mr Activist!!!

Elrel Tue 12-Jul-16 19:19:17

Good that there are people like him. Some politicians should be ashamed the results of the arms trade they promote. When will they ever learn?