"The way it's been for thousands of years"

(30 Posts)
DaphneBroon Tue 09-Aug-16 20:16:03

You couldn't make it up!! gringrin
politicalo.com/sarah-palin-youre-america-speak-american-way-thousands-years/

tanith Tue 09-Aug-16 20:19:14

Words fail me grin

morethan2 Tue 09-Aug-16 20:23:21

Duh!! words don't fail me. I just can't use them without offending anyone.

Stansgran Tue 09-Aug-16 20:29:40

In Prague in the central square the menus were in several languages French,Spanish,German and English . I heard an American women say very crossly that there were no menus in American.

Deedaa Tue 09-Aug-16 20:33:15

Sarah Palin raises ignorance to an art form doesn't she. We're used to her knowing nothing about the rest of the world but her lack of knowledge about her own country is wonderful.

phoenix Tue 09-Aug-16 20:35:24

There is at least something to be grateful for, just thank whatever deity that she and Trump didn't marry each other and breed!

TerriBull Tue 09-Aug-16 20:38:45

Nearly as good as George Bush declaring the French don't have a word for entrepreneur, and some American politician went somewhere in Latin America and apologised because he didn't speak Latin grin Also believe Sarah Palin referred to North Korea as one of America 's allies confused

DaphneBroon Tue 09-Aug-16 20:42:21

Mind you, when taking a break between guffaws, remember the UK voted for Brexit! shock

suzied Tue 09-Aug-16 21:10:53

Also there is at least one American who thought they spoke French in England .., ( told me by my friend who is a teacher in the USA)

daphnedill Tue 09-Aug-16 21:34:38

Tut tut DaphneBroom! You'll be accused of being superior or even - shock horror - an expert. wink

DaphneBroon Tue 09-Aug-16 21:38:18

gringrin

rosesarered Tue 09-Aug-16 21:45:05

That's ok, DaphneBroon is a mate, she can say anything she likes.smile

rosesarered Tue 09-Aug-16 21:46:22

Within reason grin

DaphneBroon Tue 09-Aug-16 22:01:25

Thank you wink

JessM Tue 09-Aug-16 22:05:05

She and Nigel Farage are soul mates. I do wonder if he allows his wife to speak German to her relatives. Or children.
www.lbc.co.uk/farage-foreign-speakers-make-me-feel-awkward-86754

DaphneBroon Tue 09-Aug-16 22:14:47

He does talk a lot of bo**ocks does he not? Not my experience on Virgin West Coast or London Midland trains and even if it were, I would not be wasting my time earwigging on other people's conversations. angry

rosesarered Tue 09-Aug-16 22:35:00

Oh I love listening to other peoples conversations and am quite shameless at earwigging.grin Apparently Alan Bennet does it all the time, especially in tea shops.

Cherrytree59 Tue 09-Aug-16 22:40:44

Actually I think Sarah Palin maybe right!
They have been speaking American since the Stone Age

Only recently an archaeologist dug up a stone age car next to some dinosaur bones.

phoenix Tue 09-Aug-16 22:44:30

I remember a train journey with a work colleague where I was enjoying listening in to the conversation of the family from Glasgow who were sitting opposite us.

When we got off the train I asked her what she thought of the conversation. She looked at me a bit oddly and asked "did you understand it? I thought they were foreign!" confused

Jalima Tue 09-Aug-16 23:08:57

Be careful if you follow that link (apologies DaphneBroon) but it brought up a weird game on my computer - You have to be over 18 to play this game with a couple of women dressed in futuristic leather about to shoot arrows
(they could be Sarah Palin trying to take over the world - no, I am not joking about the game!)

Deedaa
Sarah Palin raises ignorance to an art form doesn't she
Wonderfully put!

No, Stansgran, Americans do not speak English!

phoenix I hate to confess it, but ..... I did tell a lady I met when I was overseas that I was sorry, but I did not speak her language. Turned out she was from Glasgow blush.

Jalima Tue 09-Aug-16 23:11:13

Here is a link to the native languages of Alaska, all of which I presume Sarah Palin speaks fluently:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Native_languages

dramatictessa Tue 09-Aug-16 23:18:50

Native Americans were in America first - who'd have thought it? grin

sluttygran Tue 09-Aug-16 23:21:52

Sarah Palin's ignorance and idiocy beggars belief. I think maybe we should build a wall so that Americans can't get into Britain!

A year or two back, I met an American person in Oxford - she asked me the way to the 'Eye-full' Tower. I told her she was a bit far North for that, and she fixed me with a beady eye.
"Is this, or is this not Yoorupp?" she demanded.

She was blondish, with spectacles - maybe it was Sarah herself grin

durhamjen Wed 10-Aug-16 00:11:44

The article is about far worse than the language. She is actually accusing the people in the supermarket of touching food with unclean hands and polluting her food, and that of every other American in the store.
The woman is a disgrace.

durhamjen Wed 10-Aug-16 00:15:47

And if those from other countries mess with Uncle Sam, Uncle Sam will mess with their contries, and that could include nukes.
She'll go well with Trump when he gets in. Will they toss up to push the button?