Why????

Synonymous Sat 03-Sep-16 23:09:11

Crass!

Katek Sat 03-Sep-16 23:23:17

Dear god! Why??

Cherrytree59 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:27:02

Sick angrysad

cornergran Sat 03-Sep-16 23:33:07

Yes, why?? What does the instigator think it achieves??

Eloethan Sat 03-Sep-16 23:34:30

As with some of their other stuff, this isn't satirical or funny - it's just pointless and vile.

millymouge Sat 03-Sep-16 23:50:49

All I can say is some people are sick. All those poor souls that were killed, and someone makes it into a cartoon.angry

Maggiemaybe Sun 04-Sep-16 00:50:01

Disgusting. I read an article after the Charlie Hebdo attack by one of their artists describing how he'd become very unpopular there by questioning their policy of publishing ever more outrageous cartoons. It seems nothing has changed.

nigglynellie Sun 04-Sep-16 07:08:44

Oh my goodness that's just terrible. What on earth is the matter with these people, and the people that read it and presumably find it amusing? are they completely heartless or maybe mad? Just dreadful.

LullyDully Sun 04-Sep-16 08:14:16

Even with the notion of free speech and satire the cartoon is cruel and senseless.

obieone Sun 04-Sep-16 08:23:48

I have always thought their work was just dreadful.
I read that some in Italy that were I Charlie Hebdo, no longer are.

nigglynellie Sun 04-Sep-16 12:06:29

I think it's quite sad that the usual vociferous voices on these threads, ones that are so quick to condemn any other train of thought except their own, are strangely silent on this particular outrage!!! Heartless maybe?!! or perhaps it's because in condemning the cartoon,they would inevitably have to compromise freedom of speech. Or do they approve of the cartoon in the interests of freedom of speech and haven't the courage to say so?! If so, is the N word acceptable in the interests of freedom of speech?!!

Eloethan Sun 04-Sep-16 13:15:08

I'm not quite sure who you're referring to nigglynellie, but I feel sure that the vast majority of people on here find this so-called cartoon disgusting.

Satire, in my opinion, is meant to make a salient point, whether one disagrees with it or not. This cartoon serves no purpose whatsoever except to evidence the complete lack of humanity of the person who made it and the people who thought it amusing.

nigglynellie Sun 04-Sep-16 13:24:47

It just doesn't seem to provoke the same outrage as other threads. This particular cartoon is so offensive, I would have thought many more people on here would have made their condemnation loud and clear! - thats all!!!

dramatictessa Sun 04-Sep-16 13:30:42

How mean spirited of you niggly to use this piece of tripe (the cartoon I mean) to have a go at people whose opinions you don't like. For my part, I've never liked Charlie Hebdo and feel that they don't understand the true meaning of free speech - it's not honourable or funny to set out to deliberately be outrageous, it's just tedious.

nigglynellie Sun 04-Sep-16 15:00:18

Wow! You're well named!!! You've completely missed the point of my thread,but there you go. I'm not having a go at anybody, just expressing surprise that this subject hasn't generated more comment. Cool your head and maybe think before you speak whoever you are!

Smileless2012 Sun 04-Sep-16 15:20:06

shockangryWhat sort of mentality does it take to come out with something like that.

I've never liked Charlie Hebdo either, they seem to delight in being as distasteful and unpleasant as possible.

daphnedill Sun 04-Sep-16 15:24:21

I could do nothing except repeat what others have said. Why would anybody want to read endless posts of condemnation?

It might be worth reading if somebody supported the cartoon and a spat ensued, but I don't think many people will do that.

FWIW, when the CH were murdered, I didn't sign up to the 'Je suis Charlie' movement. While I could never condone the murders, I also felt that the cartoons which provoked the outrage were vile and unnecessary. I have never supported complete free speech, which is how many people justified those cartoons. At the time, I got quite a bit of flak for having those views and generally kept my head down.

Smileless2012 Sun 04-Sep-16 15:37:43

Neither did I daphnedil for the reasons you have stated. The luxury of freedom of speech brings with it responsibility and it's more than a little disconcerting that they print such things because there are people who do find them amusing.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 15:42:15

Yes, but it's good to know that others think it's disgusting too. Puts back a bit of your faith in human nature.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 04-Sep-16 15:43:34

I wonder what the politicians who posed for that ridiculous photo, think of them now.

Jalima Sun 04-Sep-16 15:45:25

It takes a sick mind to produce and publish something like that.

How would they have felt if similar cartoons had been published after the atrocity in their offices?