Gransnet forums

News & politics

Worthy of front page ?

(14 Posts)
ninathenana Wed 05-Aug-15 13:06:27

The dreaded DM has a photo and feature on the front page and a follow up half page article inside about a 6mth old (gorgeous) boy who was born with and still has a full head of hair.
News ?? Both my DC were born with hair. DS had his first cut before his Ist birthday. I'm sure lots of yours had hair too.

Ana Wed 05-Aug-15 13:08:24

Not much of it! grin

whitewave Wed 05-Aug-15 13:18:08

Yes heads full of black glossy hair, in fact DH brought a photo in to compare babies and nurse thought it was the same baby

Greyduster Wed 05-Aug-15 13:27:44

DD had such a head of dark hair when she was born that the lovely American gynaecologist who delivered her said, in his Southern drawl, "My! Should we call in a coiffeur, do ya think guys?"

rosesarered Wed 05-Aug-15 13:52:22

Not much hair, just a dusting of blondness which looked lovely.

vampirequeen Wed 05-Aug-15 14:10:28

Don't you just love the DM. All the things happening in the world and they think a baby with hair is front page news.

janerowena Wed 05-Aug-15 14:23:45

Yes, both of mine had thick black hair. How odd, they weren't even the only ones on the ward. A friend of mine had babies with hair as well.

ninathenana Wed 05-Aug-15 14:25:28

Exactly vq grin
whitewave I have pics of my babies at a few weeks taken 3 yrs apart, both with masses of dark hair. I can't tell whose who smile as both are wrapped in the same shawl.

whitewave Wed 05-Aug-15 14:32:47

Yes and mine aren't even the same sex! They look different now though grin In fact one is loosing his hair (don't mention it). Where has the time gone?

felice Wed 05-Aug-15 16:18:15

The nurses in the ward when DS1 was born nicknamed him Rod as his hair was just like Rod Stewarts.
He still has a good head of hair, the other 2 unfortunately got my thin weak hair.
I don't read the DM but surely they could find some scandal to rake up even in August.

Ana Wed 05-Aug-15 16:22:54

Well, to be fair the front page headlines were End of Cheap Home Loans and Ted Heath Brothel Madam Unmasked - the little boy with the hair was just a cute photo to catch people's interest! grin

GillT57 Wed 05-Aug-15 16:31:46

DD was born with a very neat cap of hair, so neat that it looked as if she had had her hair cut before she was born....shock

Eloethan Mon 10-Aug-15 16:38:58

Well, the tabloids aren't renowned for their "news" content are they.

annodomini Mon 10-Aug-15 16:57:55

Silly season, isn't it! Both of my DSs had plenty of hair. DS1 had a lock of hair that straggled down the back of his neck and nowadays he shaves his head because he was thinning anyway. DS2 had so much dark hair that he looked just like my father did when he had hair.