Gransnet forums

News & politics

Crikey. They really hate Farage now.

(172 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Tue 28-Jun-16 16:28:06

at the EU today

Badenkate Tue 28-Jun-16 16:44:07

He really is the most obnoxious man. He stirs people up in a very manipulative manner - this, almost certainly, was designed for the British media. I'm afraid I'm beginning to liken him to a monster of the last century.

kittylester Tue 28-Jun-16 16:45:53

What do you mean, now!? He is a dreadful little man.

Alea Tue 28-Jun-16 16:50:53

What do you mean "now"???
gringrin

tanith Tue 28-Jun-16 16:51:15

Obnoxious twerp.

daphnedill Tue 28-Jun-16 16:56:40

I agree. What do people mean 'now'? The European Parliament have always seen through him. I have never been able to understand people who claim he 'says it as it is' or 'he's like us'. Well, he's not like me (I hope).

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 28-Jun-16 17:07:09

I wonder who it was clapping him. There seemed to be quite a few of them. confused

I can't think he's done us any favours with that speech though.

whitewave Tue 28-Jun-16 17:10:11

What with him and the English fansshock

Luckygirl Tue 28-Jun-16 17:11:18

Stupid git - we are trying to negotiate with these people for the best deal for the future - what is the point of putting their backs up like that - what a total prat.
I hope that most of the listeners have the intelligence to realise that he is not representative of British people in general.

jevive73 Tue 28-Jun-16 17:22:25

I think he is very, very strange.

whitewave Tue 28-Jun-16 17:27:27

I can see a scenario where he stands in the North and becomes an mp. Still as they say that's democracy.

hildajenniJ Tue 28-Jun-16 17:35:13

He was born in Kent. Please don't send him to stand in a northern constituency. We don't want him. He doesn't speak for me, or anyone I know!

crun Tue 28-Jun-16 17:39:50

"Stupid git - we are trying to negotiate with these people for the best deal for the future - what is the point of putting their backs up like that - what a total prat."

I think the point is probably to make sure that the trade deal they offer is so poor that we're not tempted to accept any immigration in exchange for it.

phoenix Tue 28-Jun-16 17:41:18

And he looks like Homer Simpson.

Tegan Tue 28-Jun-16 17:41:35

But the BBC are giving him so much air time and people in Europe are thinking that he represents us.It's beyond me how this can happen.Why don't the interviewers ask him how much he is still being paid as a MEP (I assume he is).

suzied Tue 28-Jun-16 17:43:17

I was surprised that he's only 52, he looks at least 60.

suzied Tue 28-Jun-16 17:44:27

If he dislikes Europe so much you'd think he'd donate his pay and expenses to charity, as he doesn't do anything to earn it.

whitewave Tue 28-Jun-16 17:49:12

I worry that the Labour vote may well go to UKIP in some constituencies. He'll do his homework and choose one that he is sure he'll win. He will do so by arguing that no political party represents the poor working class, and given the evidence of the referendum vote and unless something changes Farage will be on a winner.

GandTea Tue 28-Jun-16 17:51:40

I hate what Farage and UKIP stand for, but if Corbyn and Cameron had spoken out with such conviction as Farage we may not be in the present mess.

Farage is a darn good speaker shame about his politics.

BTW Hitler was a good speaker. Hmmm.......

Tegan Tue 28-Jun-16 18:04:38

I agree; that's why he scares me so much.

Lillie Tue 28-Jun-16 18:07:01

I agree, GandTea he is a good speaker, but he suffers from his outrageous comments and behaviour.

I do feel, however, that a lot of those over in Brussels don't have a sense of humour and don't understand the British! Didn't de Gaulle say all those years ago that the British would cause trouble in the common market because their economy and their ideas weren't compatible with the rest of Europe? He has been proved right, we are very different culturally.

At least we were given the choice to decide what we wanted by Cameron. I sense there's many a French man who would like his President to give him the same chance.

Stansgran Tue 28-Jun-16 18:10:31

Whitewave Pat Glass has resigned in North Durham. You really worried me.

suzied Tue 28-Jun-16 18:13:42

Well Farage would pick up Labour votes as they haven't got much of a party to vote for at the minute.

Badenkate Tue 28-Jun-16 19:04:21

I'm not sure I want to be in a political party with people who would consider voting UKIP. Power at all costs is a step too far sad

hulahoop Tue 28-Jun-16 19:06:05

Don't send him north !! We don't want him