Gransnet forums

News & politics

I think David Cameron should butt out and leave Jeremy Corbyn alone

(57 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:19:32

None of his business. Just because he's had a hard time and been bullied by Junker, doesn't mean he should bully Corbyn. "For heaven's sake man, GO!".

Nasty I say. hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:21:25

a real display of bullying

Alima Wed 29-Jun-16 14:26:05

Nah, it's tit for tat. Cameron is right too, there needs to be a functioning opposition at this time not someone clinging on by their boot straps.

breeze Wed 29-Jun-16 14:30:06

Don't worry Jings. It's looking like they'll have to drag him out by his cardigan. And that thing looks like it will stretch and stretch and stretch! Doesn't surprise me though. It's what they do. Stand up chuck mud at each other. Why should what's happened make any difference.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:30:25

Can't see it matters at the moment. A bit in limbo anyway till 2nd Sept.

baNANAGran3 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:30:33

I think he was doing the Labour Party a favour by telling him to go, may have sounded impolite but that's how they seem to be in the chamber. I'm not a labour voter but the government needs a good strong opposition to keep them in check. The way Corbyn's clinging on, he could cause a party split which would be in no ones interest. Trouble is he's spent his political life campaigning & whinging, still doing it instead of laying down some clear policies.

baNANAGran3 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:32:22

And what's everyone's thoughts about Boris for PM? Just interested.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:38:17

I was thinking about that as I walked back from town today. I think he's got to be the one. He got them into this mess, he must feel qualified to take over the steering of the ship now. His bessie mate, little Michael, could help him out with the difficult bits, like the adding up and taking away.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:39:02

(I know I put that jokingly, but I really think it)

Alima Wed 29-Jun-16 14:39:34

Jingl, not like you to be caustic!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:41:08

Of course, if Junker is going to be listened to, it would mean the invoking of the clause the very next day. But Junker can go screw himself go to blazes.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:42:13

Eh? (Alima). Have I been slipping lately? shock

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:43:56

(I am sorry that posting on Gransnet seems to bring out the very worst in my turn of phrases)

Tegan Wed 29-Jun-16 14:45:16

You're talking sense yet again jingle.....blimey....the whole countries in meltdown and I we're agreeing with each other! There is hope for the future of mankind perhaps....

baNANAGran3 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:47:21

My worry about Boris (well one of the many worries) is that if there should be a general election I think a huge number of waverers (ie not totally committed Torys) would never vote for him. I think he's a totally self serving politician who has put himself and his own ambitions far ahead of the good of the country. I so so sincerely hope he doesn't make it. Not even had the grace to attend parliament since telling a lot of lies and saying many things I'm sure he didn't believe himself. 10 out of 10 for cunning though, it may get him to be PM which is what he's wanted for years. Not sure what swear words I can use in GN......

baNANAGran3 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:47:42

on not in..

Anniebach Wed 29-Jun-16 14:55:31

Cameron needs to sort his own party out, start with telling Johnson he is a liar . Telling Fox he should not stand for PM considering his history as s crooked MP and advise May that the government must withdraw all contracts with G4 because it her husbands company

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:56:12

I can't agree with that. I think he was wrong to lead us to Brexit, but I believe he has the wellbeing of the nation in mind.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:57:05

Can he do that ab?

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:58:43

baNANAgran you can use whichever swear words you choose on Gransnet. HQ positively encourage it. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:59:13

OK! #pantsonfire

Anniebach Wed 29-Jun-16 15:00:13

He could tell Johnson and Fox and as PM I assume he has the power to stop Government contracts with G4 ,N if not then put May on the back benches

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 15:04:01

Surely he has no say on who stands or doesn't.

Anniebach Wed 29-Jun-16 15:06:39

True, but he no say if a leader of another party leaves or stays , didn't stop him did it?

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 15:16:55

He can't make Corbyn go though.