Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Queen

(12 Posts)
mrsmopp Fri 01-Jul-16 00:50:47

The Queen has a meeting every week with the Prime Minister. What do you think she will say to him this week? "For Heavens sake, sort this mess out!".
Will she tell him off? I hope so!

Beammeupscottie Sat 02-Jul-16 16:25:25

Judging by her tired attitude in the Scot. Parlia. I doubt she said much at all.

Teetime Sat 02-Jul-16 16:45:28

I think she has a way of making herself understood!

Beammeupscottie Sat 02-Jul-16 17:00:20

She will be very worried about the possible break-up of the Union. she has a duty to uphold it. It is possible that Australia will move away from this Country when she dies. Charles will not command the respect given to his Mother, although I think he will make a good King. I really do not think William wants to be King at all. But she looks fed up, I think, because you spend your life working for your Country to have it's future threatened by politicians.

Luckygirl Sat 02-Jul-16 17:02:43

At her age I guess her main concern at these events will be whether her bladder will hold out. grin

Ana Sat 02-Jul-16 17:06:28

Can't see her getting over-exercised about the situation. These things happen and life goes on...

Christinefrance Sat 02-Jul-16 17:10:32

Must be sad for her to see all the turbulence in the country and the way the campaigns have been poisoned. Not what you want in your final years. The Queen is a strong woman and will let her views be known as teetime says.

J52 Sat 02-Jul-16 18:03:48

She

J52 Sat 02-Jul-16 18:11:38

Oops posted too soon!
She's in Scotland for her hols. and has just opened the new session of the Scottish Parliament. She gave an excellent measured speech, calling for clam and a time for quiet contemplation. I wonder if it was directed at particular individuals?

Anyway, I'm sure she'll enjoy her holiday away from it all in the beautiful highlands.

Luckygirl Sat 02-Jul-16 18:21:23

Do they eat clams in Scotland? grin

Granny23 Sat 02-Jul-16 18:36:03

Not Clams but we are often found eating a peace.

annsixty Sat 02-Jul-16 18:58:40

She looks to me as if she has seen it all too many times but she will soldier on.
I would be saying s.d you all , I need to have a break for my remaining years and who would blame her.