Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump trumped? Or David-1 Goliath-0

(22 Posts)
DaphneBroon Thu 28-Jul-16 22:54:32

bipartisanreport.com/2016/07/27/breaking-trump-loses-lawsuit-for-ripping-off-small-business-his-punishment-will-make-you-smile/

Being shown up for the shyster he is, and not for the first time!

Smileless2012 Fri 29-Jul-16 15:17:07

Thanks for the link Daphne, it's incredible that he's come as far as he has on the political stage; if it wasn't so frightening it would amusing.

Cherrytree59 Fri 29-Jul-16 16:38:55

Doubt if this is the only business he has defrauded or short changed.
Hope it opens the floodgates and gives others the confidence to drag him and his toupee through the courts

Good old Karma at work smile

LullyDully Fri 29-Jul-16 17:35:01

I am wondering if Trump has thought about a new baby as a publicity stunt. Then Chelsea would need to add another grandchild. Just a thought.blush

DaphneBroon Sat 30-Jul-16 08:28:02

www.nytimes.com/2016/07/29/us/politics/melania-trump.html

And now his wife not only rehashed Michelle Obama's speech, but is making fraudulent claims about her background.

Would you trust this pair to run a bath, let alone the Western World?

confusedconfused

DaphneBroon Sat 30-Jul-16 08:35:02

Why do people "trust" proven dodgy dealers and liars in positions of power? Does the public have that short a memory?

DaphneBroon Sat 30-Jul-16 10:32:27

Bumping this as I really want as many of us to be aware not only of the real dangers of that man, but the people surrounding him.

Cherrytree59 Sat 30-Jul-16 10:56:25

They have selective memory

Marmark1 Sat 30-Jul-16 23:39:46

They must have,they trust Hilary Clinton

absent Sun 31-Jul-16 03:51:17

Cherrytree59 The floodgates opened a long time ago. Unfortunately, it is usually relatively small businesses on which he pulsal his "we've already paid you enough" stunt. They can't afford the excessive legal costs of long-drawn-out court cases and so have settled for sums considerably lower than those specified in the original contracts.

absent Sun 31-Jul-16 03:51:39

Pulls, not pulsal!

NfkDumpling Sun 31-Jul-16 06:32:32

Does Trump actually have any real policies? Mrs Clinton is at least aware of what's happening in the rest of the world. She may not be as honest and caring as she makes out, but she does at least have some idea of how to run a country. Trump seems to be simply playing a spoilt, rich child's game. He has no idea, just wants to be president. I wonder how big a tantrum he'll have if he looses. I wonder if he has a long haired white cat.

Its worrying that, with all our present day education and the open communication and information provided by the Internet, there are so many gullible people in the USA. Perhaps we're the same here in Europe. Perhaps we're being manipulated too. It's happened often enough before with horrendous results.

DaphneBroon Sun 31-Jul-16 11:49:01

bipartisanreport.com/2016/07/29/both-campaigns-stunned-after-houston-chronicle-makes-very-surprising-endorsement/

Is America listening?

DaphneBroon Mon 01-Aug-16 16:53:05

www.theguardian.com/news/gallery/2016/jul/31/best-photographs-trump-babies-chili-peppers-mud-olympics

Scary picture of Trump with his lunch and 2 poor unsuspecting mites.
Reminded of the famous WC Fields quote grin

varian Mon 22-Aug-16 20:13:03

I thought that Trump could not make any more ridiculous statements than he'd made already. But I was wrong. He has trumped himself.

The latest pronouncement is part of Trump's climate change denial policy.

Apparently the totally unnecessary rules to protect the planet have compromised the quality of Donald Trump's hairspray!!!! Shocking isn't it..?

DaphneBroon Mon 22-Aug-16 20:23:02

Ah so THAT is his problem with his hair ??

Anniebach Mon 22-Aug-16 20:24:08

He didn't say that ? He did didn't he ? There are saner people in psychiatric units

Jalima Mon 22-Aug-16 20:43:24

Is America listening?
That's just it, though DaphneBroon

We sensible Gransnetters, friends and families are not American.
Well, some may be, but surely not Trump voters?

Jane10 Mon 22-Aug-16 20:59:55

There can't be any Gransnetters who support Trump!!

Jalima Mon 22-Aug-16 21:00:40

You never know .....

granjura Mon 22-Aug-16 22:10:55

it's a worrying thought sad

Bennan Tue 23-Aug-16 07:10:57

I've been following the Trump antics with a combination of disbelief, amusement and now a definite fear that he may succeed. He is truly a delusional throwback with a considerably inflated idea of his own abilities. He is delusional, erratic and very appealing to a certain audience because he says what they want to hear. He is very, very dangerous because his boundaries are those of a three year old with the amount of restraint and logical thought that implies. God help America and the rest of the world if he ever becomes president. We will all be at risk!sadangry