Gransnet forums

News & politics

The current Mrs Trump

(33 Posts)
Ginny42 Mon 10-Oct-16 11:48:29

Why is this young woman not sprinting to the divorce lawyer's office? She is being debased almost every time her husband speaks.

'Locker room banter' is no excuse for what he said on the audio from 2005 released last week. In it he cited his fame as giving him a right to degrade women. He talked about how his fame gives him the right to do whatever he wants to women, not giving them a chance to say no, but just lunging in and kissing them, or grabbing their crotch( my translation of a crude expression). He was admitting to sexual assault. What a repulsive man.

For me there is a direct link between what men say about women and the way they treat them and it would be such a good message to women and girls everywhere if Mrs Trump said, 'It's not OK to assault women' and 'I'm off'.

Please click #NotOk too.

granjura Mon 10-Oct-16 12:01:58

Totally agree- I would not be surprised if she is paying bribed to stay on until after the elections- and goes off afterwards a a very substantial golden reward!

Jane10 Mon 10-Oct-16 12:08:57

Yeah. Its the money honey. Couldn't be anything else!!

Jalima Mon 10-Oct-16 12:16:47

But perhaps she fancies herself as First Lady?
and thinks they stand a chance shock

The alternative is Bill Clinton (no sleaze there then!) as First Gentleman shock

what a contrast to Michelle Obama!

The world is in chaos and yet the whole Presidential election is centred on sleaze.
I think the USA is finished.

Devorgilla Mon 10-Oct-16 12:36:19

The silence of women worldwide on issues like this is deafening. They are too afraid to speak out in case they lose their job, position, income, men etc. It comes down to women being from time immemorial being economically dependent on men because they are the child bearers. Time for women to find their voice and speak out when they see abuse no matter how slight.
I found it interesting that the other member in the clip actually had to suggest to the interviewer that she give 'the Donald' a kiss.
Whether Mrs Trump will dump him after the election or not will depend on how much she wants to be First Lady, as you say.
Had the story been about the other candidate would people be as charitable?

tiggypiro Mon 10-Oct-16 12:39:33

She is probably just lying back (with her eyes closed) and thinking of money.

POGS Mon 10-Oct-16 12:45:48

I understand what the OP is saying and I am certainly NOT defending Trump , I care not a jot for either Trump or Clinton to be honest, both have serious allegations levelled at them albeit of a differing fashion .

The fact is Hilary Clinton never went 'sprinting to the divorce lawyers' and her husband was caught out 'actually engaging' in what another man talks about.

Like Hilary Clinton she is the mother of his child and like Hilary Clinton what those who like or dislike her husband feel is of no consequence as she has different priorities.

Lord knows there are plenty of women who have stood by their husbands who have actually been ' serial philanderers ' yet I suspect Melania Trump will be subjected to more focus because Trump is so hated by some. Why is Malania Trump in a different position to where Hilary Clinton found herself?

Time will tell how she will act maybe she will divorce Trump, maybe she will do as millions of other women will do and stand by her husband warts and all, who knows.

Christinefrance Mon 10-Oct-16 13:00:47

Yes you are right POGS the situations are similar. It's been interesting to see such unsuitable candidates get so far, heaven help USA with either of them.

Anniebach Mon 10-Oct-16 13:25:35

It's what politicians wives do

ninathenana Mon 10-Oct-16 13:47:44

It's not just the USA though is it Christine It's not just his wife though is it, did you hear what he said about his daughter shock

Luckygirl Mon 10-Oct-16 14:06:16

Money money money.

ninathenana Mon 10-Oct-16 14:14:02

Apologies for the badly worded post.

nigglynellie Mon 10-Oct-16 15:21:47

Trump sounds an awful man in every respect, BUT, JFK along with brother Bobby were the most appalling womanisers and disrespectors of woman of all time, leading to the suspicious death of Marilyn Monroe, and yet they have been reveered as a golden age. confused Just thought I'd mention it!

Badenkate Mon 10-Oct-16 15:28:51

You're right POGS in many ways there is no difference between Melania Trump and Hilary Clinton in the way they are supporting their husbands. However, Hilary Clinton married Bill Clinton when they were both young and I think it was a love match, whatever has happened since. I'm rather more dubious about the reason Melania Trump married Donald Trump: I am reminded of the question Mrs Merton asked Debbie McGee - 'Why did you marry the millionaire Paul Daniels?'.

POGS Mon 10-Oct-16 17:26:11

Yes and Debbie McGee and Paul Daniels had a very loving , caring marriage by the sounds of it.! So just goes to show public opinion is not really worth a salt at times.

The one undeniable factor is the hate/dislike of Trump and not really the welfare of his family for some.

granjura Mon 10-Oct-16 18:43:36

Exactly BadenKate- I see very little in common with the 2 situations. And I'm amazed anyone believes Trum 'just talked' - as if.

Jalima Mon 10-Oct-16 19:01:20

POGS Badenkate as regards the marriage of Trump and wife and Clinton and wife in the way they support their husbands there is probably not much difference; however, the big difference is that, as you say, Hillary and Bill did marry when they were young and she has stuck by him.

The difference between the two women is that Hillary is a politician in her own right - and she may well have risen so high whether or not she was married to Bill.

^Clinton attended Wellesley College, graduating in 1969, and earned a J.D. from Yale Law School in 1973. After serving as a congressional legal counsel, she moved to Arkansas, marrying Bill Clinton in 1975. In 1977, she co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families. She was appointed the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation in 1978, and, the following year, became the first woman partner at Rose Law Firm. As First Lady of Arkansas, she led a task force whose recommendations helped reform Arkansas's public schools, and served on several corporate boards. As First Lady of the United States, Clinton led the unsuccessful effort to enact the Clinton health care plan of 1993. In 1997 and 1999, she helped create the State Children's Health Insurance Program. She also tackled the problems of adoption and family safety and foster care. Clinton was elected in 2000 as the first female senator from New York. Secretary of State in the Obama administration from 2009 to 2013.

The professional website of Melania Trump, wife of the Republican presidential nominee, has apparently been deleted from the internet The disappearance of Melania Trump’s elaborate website came just days after news outlets raised serious questions about whether she actually earned an undergraduate degree in architecture from the University of Ljubljana, which is in Trump’s native Slovenia. Her online biography claimed she had, but a book about her life published earlier this year says she left the university after one year so she could pursue a modeling career.
“Supermodel, Socialite, Jewelry Designer,” has an estimated net worth of $10 million.

While Knauss (Melania) boasts an impressive net worth of $10 million Trump’s is drastically heftier at $4.5 billion, reported Forbes.

Just stating facts btw.

happydais Thu 20-Oct-16 15:02:31

I couldn't have put it better. As a Brit living in the US I really appreciate the positives that Hillary has achieved. All we get from the Trump campaign is smears. Everyone makes mistakes and all marriages go through bad patches but they managed to ride the storm and are still together. They put their work above all else and can be commended for that. We're in a terrifying period and it's not over yet! Hmm

durhamjen Wed 26-Oct-16 15:21:58

politicalscrapbook.net/2016/10/watch-ale-baldwin-and-tom-hanks-roast-donald-trump/

Anniebach Wed 26-Oct-16 15:49:18

I enjoyed thst Jen, thanks

vampirequeen Wed 26-Oct-16 19:07:58

I'm reminded of and happy to misquote Mrs Merton.

"What first attracted you to the billionaire, Donald Trump?"

whitewave Wed 26-Oct-16 19:10:58

grin

Deedaa Wed 26-Oct-16 21:19:42

I have an American Facebook friend who has turned out to be very pro Trump. She seems a nice enough lady but is convinced that Hillary is a crook and thinks that the women who complain about The Donald should just man up and shut up thlhmm

GrammaM Wed 26-Oct-16 23:57:04

They are all as bad as each other. Clinton had his licence to practise law taken away as did Moucher Obama , which means some very dodgy dealings went on. Records and files of Obama have mysteriously disappeared. I still don't understand about H Clinton doing nothing when the terrible acts in Benghazi took place. As for Trump, what a sleaze, but then again I personally think they all are..confused

Rigby46 Thu 27-Oct-16 08:36:37

GrammaM - could you post a link to that information about the Obamas and Michelle having her licence taken away?