Gransnet forums

Pictures

Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max).

Christmas knitting

(15 Posts)
shysal Sat 22-Nov-14 21:21:28

I have adapted this pattern to make covers for Terry's chocolate oranges for DGCs as stocking fillers. I am quite pleased with them. I thought I would try a robin and a Santa hat. I need 6 different designs, any other ideas?

shysal Sat 22-Nov-14 21:34:29

Forgot to add link for pattern.
mini Christmas puddings
I added 4 rows to the body, then cast off after only one decrease row to make a large enough opening for the chocolate orange.

pompa Sat 22-Nov-14 21:48:38

Think I've just eaten one of those.

Galen Sat 22-Nov-14 22:26:24

What would your wife say Pompa

Agus Sat 22-Nov-14 22:31:50

A snowball? Might be too plain though.

Grannyknot Sun 23-Nov-14 07:59:24

shysal those are fab! What about a penguin? (what with the advert and all). A Rudolph face?

goldengirl Sun 23-Nov-14 10:24:30

I love them. What a great idea.
I was looking at the list of exhibitors at the knitting and stitching show I visited and I'm thinking of buying some ginormous needles and fabric strips or really chunky wool to knit bags; though knowing me they will be presents for next Christmas rather than this one grin

Elegran Sun 23-Nov-14 11:14:13

I found a free crochet pattern for these fruits. You could adapt them for other things.
www.planetjune.com/blog/free-crochet-patterns/amigurumi-citrus-collection/

pompa Sun 23-Nov-14 11:44:59

Galan, she agreed with me, it was one from last Xmas, had not matured very well, needed a strong dose of brandy.

janerowena Sun 23-Nov-14 11:45:47

What a brilliant idea, for the oranges.

Galen Sun 23-Nov-14 11:54:36

grin

shysal Sun 23-Nov-14 17:14:57

Those are lovely Elegran, but I have never mastered the art of crochet. blush

shysal Sun 23-Nov-14 17:19:26

I used this for the orange leaf, but didn't have double pointed needles for the apple shape, although I am sure I could have converted for two needles.
www.naturalsuburbia.com/2011/07/apple-knitting-pattern-tutorial.html

Grannyknot Mon 01-Dec-14 08:41:03

I didn't want to start a new thread, so am using this one to show off my Christmas knitting - 3 lucky people are each receiving one of these vintage pattern bow tie scarves. I love the collar top. Cosy and stays in place very snugly. I will have to knit a 4th one for myself smile

janerowena Mon 01-Dec-14 19:28:50

It's lovely, very 40s.