Gransnet forums

News & politics

Celebrity - who supports who in the election

(35 Posts)
whitewave Wed 06-May-15 18:44:44

LABOUR SUPPORTERS

Stephen Hawking, David Tennant, Ronnies O'Sullivan, Steve Cougan, Russell Brand, Tinie Tempah, Martin Freeman, Eddie Izzard, Daniel Radcliffe, Sally Lindsay, JK Rowling, Nick Hewer, Alan Davies, Frank Skinner, Delia Smith, David Nielson, Tony Robinson, John Middleton, Stephen Fry, Paloma Faith, Lily Allan, Matthew Horne, Jo Brand, Liz Dawn, Richard Wilson, Sue Johnston, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Paul O'Grady, Alan Sugar, Ben Elton, Robson Green.

TORY SUPPORTERS
Peter Stringfellow, Jim Davidson, Vinnie Jones, John McCririck, Gary Barlow, Luisa Zissman, Julian Fellowes, Antony Worrall Thompson, James Beattie, Simon Cowell, Karan Brady, David van Day, June Brown, Paul Daniels, William Roche, Lulu, Brooke Kinsella, Adam Rickett, Billy Murray.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 06-May-15 18:47:54

O M G !!!

I like all the wrong ones! I don't like most of the ones supporting the same lot as me. shock

I can't have a rethink now!

whitewave Wed 06-May-15 18:50:24

Worrying isn't it jing grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 06-May-15 18:54:12

It really is! grin

Iam64 Wed 06-May-15 18:58:01

Not for me it isn't grin

Stansgran Wed 06-May-15 19:01:02

And even more worrying that I don't know half of the supporters and the other half I wouldn't want to be in the same room lit alone the same party. Russell Brand and Simon Cowell. I might have to apologise to mrs Pankhurst and spoil my paper.

Nelliemoser Wed 06-May-15 19:01:19

I do not give a damn who the other party supporters are. It would not ever change my vote.

loopylou Wed 06-May-15 19:09:39

I feel like that too Stansgran, makes me even less inclined towards any Party.
I may well follow your voting tactic too.

Ana Wed 06-May-15 19:15:16

I thought Russell Brand had defected to the Greens.

merlotgran Wed 06-May-15 19:24:45

I thought Russell Brand was telling people not to vote. confused

soontobe Wed 06-May-15 19:30:31

He went from the Greens to Labour?

And Tom Conti has gone from Labout to Tory
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3069437/Why-life-long-Labour-luvvie-backing-Tories-writes-TOM-CONTI.html

rosequartz Wed 06-May-15 22:41:51

Who, who and who?

And have they heard of me grin

Anniebach Thu 07-May-15 10:45:19

The Daily Mail are a little slow with their breaking news of Conti leaving labour for the Tories , Conti was considering running for Tory mayor of London in 2008

durhamjen Thu 07-May-15 10:46:41

Rufus Hound supports NHA.

soontobe Thu 07-May-15 10:56:38

I didnt read the comments.
The DM should be clearer.

Anniebach Thu 07-May-15 11:04:44

It wasn't in the comments Soontobe, just the Mail printing old news as breaking news

Anniebach Thu 07-May-15 11:06:10

Joan Collins is a patron of UKIP but has said this doesn't mean she will vote UKIP !

Ana Thu 07-May-15 11:07:56

It was in the comments after the article, Anniebach.

Teetime Thu 07-May-15 11:11:08

'Frankly Scarlett I don't give a damn[ grin]'.

POGS Thu 07-May-15 11:30:46

Nor do I!

If these celebrities said jump off a cliff some silly sod might try it.

Have we become so incapable as a nation to think for ourselves. What a horrible thought that so many people take notice and more to the point would vote just because they believe celebrities are intelligent, unselfish people then get disappointed when they learn they are from it .

Ye gods Bob Hope, No Hope then there is the No Hope British Voter.

GrannyTwice Thu 07-May-15 11:32:31

There's something quite ridiculous isn't there about celeb endorsement of anything really - let alone a political party. If a celeb really cares they could help out with some of the tedious back room stuff or just give some money
they are all collecting for the next election

GrannyTwice Thu 07-May-15 11:33:42

Is there any evidence that celeb endorsement affects voter behaviour?

Anniebach Thu 07-May-15 11:43:40

Thank you Ana, I meant it wasn't in the article, I didn't read the comments

TerriBull Thu 07-May-15 11:48:55

I agree with those who don't care how they vote, I can't imagine being influenced by whatever endorsements a famous person might give to a political party. I'm pretty fed up with the amount of time that's given over to the musings of Russell "don't vote, oh I've changed my mind now vote Labour" Brand. Yes one of my sons thinks he's worth listening to.

GillT57 Thu 07-May-15 12:03:45

It will not affect the way I vote, but I am very pleased that I do not have the same political leanings as two or three of the most repellent people in the public eye.

I am amazed at the vanity of these people that they think we will be interested, Or is it the political parties' PR departments that publish these lists? Ye gods, they have a very low opinion of the electorate.