Gransnet forums

News & politics

'Foxy's' election predictions

(7 Posts)
thatbags Wed 06-May-15 09:09:36

is quite amusing, and a bit depressing.

jo1book Wed 06-May-15 12:52:12

Just think of it as a game. Corporate Business runs the world, anyway! I only hope there is not another Election. We shall lose the will to live.

vampirequeen Wed 06-May-15 14:19:52

Very depressing.

We don't have a say in who runs the world and therefore who our governments kowtow to.

NanaDenise Wed 06-May-15 14:42:23

I agree jo1book, big business interests do rule the world.

What makes me smile is the irreverent way the politicians are portrayed, my current favourite is whether Ed Milliband looks more like Wallace or Ginger from Chicken Run.

jo1book Wed 06-May-15 16:09:21

NanDenise. Haven't seen the chicken run one? I just love political cartoons. Did you see the one of Cameron standing, shrieking ,on a chair, terrorised by Sturgeon dressed up, complete with ears and frilly knickers, as "Minnie Moos". Brilliant.

durhamjen Wed 06-May-15 16:16:31

www.theguardian.com/media/2015/may/06/sun-ed-miliband-neil-kinnock-murdoch-labour

I think they are scared. If Miliband gets in he will implement Leveson, and about time.
Quote from Yelland, ex-Sun editor,
"If Ed Miliband is elected, he will be the first PM for generations to get into Downing Street knowing he owes no debt to any editor, any proprietor or any newspaper."

Good reason to vote Labour.

nonnanna Thu 07-May-15 07:14:16

Help! The day has arrived and I'm still uncertain where to put my cross. Maybe I'll repeat what I did on my first ever ballot paper. Mother was waiting outside the polling station and said

'Well, did you put your cross in the right box?' She meant Conservative.
Me 'Cross? Oh, I put a tick'
She was fuming.

Apart from voting for our Parish Councillors because I know who they are and who will best help our community, I am at a loss to know what to do for the best.

I totally agree with the statements on here that corporate business runs the world. It's all a bit 'Game of Thrones' really.