Gransnet forums

Site stuff

How do you delete photos from your profile page?

(21 Posts)
janeainsworth Mon 17-Nov-14 21:09:19

I am finding that what should be a simple task is apparently beyond my powers.
Can anyone help, please?

pompa Mon 17-Nov-14 21:13:29

Goto your photos click on edit and you will have an option to delete.

thatbags Tue 18-Nov-14 07:09:52

The short answer is "with difficulty", janea. Whoever wrote the software for our profile pages.... well, I'd better not say.... but the software is crap.

I found it was easiest to start from the bottom and work up because mine overlapped each other and I couldn't get at the delete button except at the bottom.

Marmight Tue 18-Nov-14 07:59:58

I've always had that overlapping problem Bags. Lately, as soon as I upload a new photo the existing one disappears, so I have given up confused. Think it's about time Tech addressed these problems!

janeainsworth Tue 18-Nov-14 08:54:49

Thanks Bags, that's the problem, that the delete button only applies to the bottom photo.

Pompa what actually happened is that I added one new photo and it has uploaded itself four times and is occupying the top four slots shock

When I click on edit, there isn't a delete option. I don't suppose anyone looks at my photos anyway, but it's just sort of untidy and annoying.

posie Tue 18-Nov-14 10:12:09

Well we're looking now jane wink Lovely photo's!

janerowena Tue 18-Nov-14 10:58:50

I wish I could remember, I did have a whole row of my GCs walking along the path in Loose holding hands, and did eventually manage to delete them but have forgotten what I did. It's a very odd system.

Shall have a look at yours now. grin

janerowena Tue 18-Nov-14 10:59:49

Beautiful photos! And what a lovely boat boat boat boat!

janeainsworth Tue 18-Nov-14 14:27:36

Thank you janerowena and pompa
The boat is actually showing her age, like her owners, but it's still lovely to have her. Our next trip will involve New York City and even I am feeling a little excited about that smile

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 18-Nov-14 15:23:45

janerowena you should just be able to go to 'Photos' under My Gransnet, click edit next to the picture you want to delete, and two buttons will appear underneath it, one of them being the delete one.

I've just deleted a picture with no problems, BUT I only had one uploaded. It sounds as though for some of you the button has disappeared and for others, it's being covered by other pictures, multiple of the same picture are being uploaded and others disappearing. I'll pass this on to tech and get them to fix the problem.

janeainsworth Tue 18-Nov-14 16:38:55

Sorry that should have been thank you to posie blush

feetlebaum Tue 18-Nov-14 17:10:56

I must agree that this software is annoying... any other forum or message board allows the use of standardized tags - [i]...[/i] for Italics, [b]...[/b] for BOLD and so on - yet here we have something completely different, for no good reason that I can see...

Ana Tue 18-Nov-14 17:13:18

And I'm still invisible! confused

feetlebaum Tue 18-Nov-14 17:24:34

Who said that? Ana? Is that you?

Ana Tue 18-Nov-14 17:31:06

I'm never sure until the post comes up...grin

janerowena Wed 19-Nov-14 11:02:34

lucy it's a dreadful mess when I press 'edit'. A whole screen of boxes superimposes itself over all the pictures and not in the right places. Most of it doesn't make sense at all. It's sheer guesswork.

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 20-Nov-14 22:10:12

Agh, not very helpful, is it?! We've already notified the techy people, but I'll pass that on as well - if you're able to take a screen shot to send into [email protected], that would be even better...

Galen Thu 20-Nov-14 22:49:45

Lucy GN
I still can't have more than one photo on my profile at a time using my ipad!
Isn't it time tech sorted this?
I've been very patient over the last two years!
[sigh] emoticon

janerowena Fri 21-Nov-14 12:38:32

I can't take a screenshot, I no longer have windows XP and my new windows 7 doesn't have it. I shall rummage around a bit and see if I can install it from elsewhere.

janeainsworth Fri 21-Nov-14 14:21:15

I've just sent you a screen shot Lucy

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 24-Nov-14 21:59:43

Thanks for that Jane - I passed it on to tech on Friday so hopefully it should help them to figure out why this is happening. Galen I'll ask again about the iPad problem as well.