Gransnet forums

Site stuff

I am putting this on a seperate thread...

(171 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Jul-15 09:22:29

...as bitching on a very sensitive thread is not a good idea.

a) I have already explained my position on the thread in question.

b) Nothing wrong with my arguments. Bloody sight more sensible than some on here. And they don't come from up my backside, being as my head isn't there. Unlike some.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Jul-15 09:24:39

separate. not seperate. #ageingbrain

Soutra Wed 01-Jul-15 09:30:18

confusedconfused
???

Anne58 Wed 01-Jul-15 09:31:34

I don't understand?

Charleygirl Wed 01-Jul-15 09:32:35

Is the heat affecting you jingl because that does not make sense to me.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Jul-15 09:33:43

I am sure it will make sense to the posters concerned. Others needn't bother.

Bellanonna Wed 01-Jul-15 09:39:45

Is this a segue from the terror attacks thread?

Charleygirl Wed 01-Jul-15 09:51:18

Bellanonna I would think so.

annodomini Wed 01-Jul-15 10:17:22

jingl, if someone else started a thread about another thread, however cryptic, you would probably be the first to point out that this infringes the rules of the site.

Soutra Wed 01-Jul-15 10:22:49

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, I don't think anybody's actual arguments were the point in question. Just a rather distasteful double act with some genuine posters caught in the middle.
If of course you are talking about something else entirely, then still confusedconfused

Ana Wed 01-Jul-15 10:51:55

I will say again - four posts exchanged between me and Anya hardly constititues Bullying of the Highest Order. BTW Soutra, are you saying that we two are not 'genuine' posters?

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Jul-15 11:08:40

Oh gosh yes anno! Forgot that! Never mind. As it's on Site Stuff the powers that be are bound to see it. And I think they still have a delete button.

Soutra Wed 01-Jul-15 11:08:47

No, Ana, I meant, but didn't express as clearly as I might, that their views were sincerely held, whether or not one agreed them.

mcem Wed 01-Jul-15 11:22:40

I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with both soutra and jingl at the same time.
I can fully understand why jingl's frustrations have spilled over onto a new thread and agree that 'bitching on a sensitive thread' is not acceptable. Better to comment this way even if it means a minor infringement of forum rules.
I too am fed up of some niggling and nit-picking comments.
If poster x says the sky is blue then poster y jumps in with a remark about the colour of the sky being green to every right-thinking (sic) person.
It is not compulsory to react immediately to every post you disagree with.
Take the many hints appearing here and tone it down or calm down!

Brendawymms Wed 01-Jul-15 11:27:17

I agree with Soutra. There does seem to be some who like playing both ends against the middle.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Jul-15 11:31:34

Pardon? confused

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Jul-15 11:32:17

#getyereadroundthatthen

Brendawymms Wed 01-Jul-15 11:39:28

Haven't you heard that expression before jinglbellfrocks perhaps you have led a sheltered life. smilegrin. I send you wine it will make things a lot clearer.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Jul-15 11:40:56

No! Never heard of it. Please make it some cupcake smile

Brendawymms Wed 01-Jul-15 11:44:29

cupcakecupcakebrew is that better.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Jul-15 11:47:06

Thank you. smile

kittylester Wed 01-Jul-15 11:48:54

I love that expression Brenda! No idea what is going on but from the above comments, I can guess!

Tegan Wed 01-Jul-15 11:50:29

jingle; pots calling kettles springs to mind. Some of your comments aimed at me have rocked me to the core sometimes #andyou'realwaystellingpeoplelto'manup'

soontobe Wed 01-Jul-15 11:51:00

Do you mean me Brendawymms?

If you mean I dont take sides, yes you are right.

It seems to me that there are two "sides" on gransnet. Sometimes I happen to agree with one "side". And sometimes the other "side".

As I understand it though, this thread that jingl has started, has nothing whatsoever to do with that.

For what it is worth, I reported the Tunisia thread at about 7am this morning, to inform gransnet that it had all got rather heated in a number of ways.

POGS Wed 01-Jul-15 11:53:42

I just get p----d off with the posters who 'continually' dish out posts that are easily noted as being barbed , sarcastic turning themselves into 'victims' when they receive a dose of their own medicine.

I then get p----d off when others join in who have clearly not read a thread from the start to see who actually started the ruddy mud slinging or why a poster might be getting a response they don't like.

There is a case for having to defend yourself against a truly nasty , personally directed post or one that is accusary without any basis, I understand that. Hells bells is sarcasm a reason to feel victimised, maybe if you are a narcissist who never gets anything wrong it is.

If they were a bloke I would tell them to 'grow a pair'.

You/we/I are not 'victims' we are supposed to be adults but if you start it/dish it out expect to get it back, it will inevitably be a response you won't like but just take it on the bloody chin or give a reply but don't result to the childish Nee Na Na Nana of victimisation.

This post does not apply to any one person, it couldn't because there is no one person it applies to.