Gransnet forums

Site stuff

What happens to old threads?

(6 Posts)
phoenix Fri 06-May-16 17:02:41

Afternoon all.

I was trying to find one of my previous random ramblings to see when I had posted it, but despite putting in the title (which I'm pretty sure I had remembered correctly) it didn't come up.

Do they have a shelf life? After a certain period of time do the little elves from tech gather them all up and put them in the GN loft, along with the Christmas decorations and that awful painting that Aunt Agnes left you that you can't bear to look at, but don't want to chuck out just in case you see something vaguely similar on Antiques Roadshow?smile

Ana Fri 06-May-16 17:08:47

The 'search' option does seem to throw out some pretty random past threads, but they do seem to go a long way back - in fact right back to 2011. Did you go through all the page numbers, phoenix?

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 06-May-16 17:43:44

Hi phoenix - they all remain on the forums indefinitely. No spring cleaning of threads here! Might be worth searching on Google Chrome using this formula:

site: gransnet [title of your thread]

That should throw up lots more results from the site. Good luck!

phoenix Fri 06-May-16 17:49:48

Thanks Lucy !

Ana it didn't come up with page numbers as such, just sort of posts where the phrase in question appeared.

It's probably keeping it wrong, although I don't remember having this problem before (doesn't mean I didn't have it though!)

phoenix Fri 06-May-16 17:52:03

Me doing it wrong! Aarrgh, need an edit thingy!

Ana Fri 06-May-16 18:01:46

The page numbers are at the bottom (at least on my PC they are).Some go up to 14 or 15 pages - quite a lot of trawling to do I must admit, especially as the threads don't seem to be in any particular date order!