Gransnet forums

Site stuff

can't reply to pms ?!?

(11 Posts)
granjura Sat 27-Aug-16 11:25:56

Hello, someone on GN sent me a PM asking me for advice about an issue with Swiss education. I have twice written long messages to try and explain how the system works here- but when I click on send I get a white box opening, with nothing in apart from ok at the bottom- and just cannot send?

What can I do about it? Thanks. Wonder if the same will happen now.

jura

granjura Sat 27-Aug-16 13:38:09

Able to post this thread- so strange I can't pm.

Perhaps the GNeter has opted for no reply possible (if that option exists) but then why send pm asking for advice and reply?.

rosesarered Sat 27-Aug-16 16:39:51

It does send....... Go up on that white page, and it will say message sent.

rosesarered Sat 27-Aug-16 16:42:35

I just pm'd this to you.smile

granjura Sat 27-Aug-16 19:38:02

Thanks, but no it doesn't in this case- and the posts are not in my sent folder. Maybe the member who asked advice about Swiss schools could tell me if she got my messages?

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 28-Aug-16 09:57:09

Hi granjura, are you able to email us to tell us who you've tried to PM and we can look into this?

granjura Mon 29-Aug-16 16:46:40

Sorry didn't see this message. Will do. Strange as the person who pm'd me has been active on GN but not responded. Perhaps she missed it too.

granjura Mon 29-Aug-16 16:46:57

Sorry didn't see this message. Will do. Strange as the person who pm'd me has been active on GN but not responded. Perhaps she missed it too.

granjura Wed 31-Aug-16 21:39:32

This is indeed bugging me. I've sent a messsage to one of the GN staff, who asked me to give the name of the person who had asked for advice and to whom I couldn't respond (having spent time researching and sending long responses twice) - but I've had no reply.

The person who sent me the pm asking for advice has been active on GN too- so can't have missed this.

Thinking about it- it seems increasingly likely that the person person was trying to find our more about me and my location by asking for advice. Somewhat disconcerting I have to say. I don't quite know what to make of this.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Sep-16 08:57:39

Hi granjura - we're looking into this. Apols for not responding - I've been on annual leave. Please do email us at [email protected] in future and another member of the team can pick up your mail if I'm away.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Sep-16 10:53:18

Hi Granjura - tech have responded to say:

"This happens when the subject line of the PM exceeds the limit - we're aware of this problem and will look into fixing it. If she sends it in a separate PM rather then the current PM chain it should go through."

Let us know if that works.