Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Boots No7 foundation and lipstick selector

(12 Posts)
NanKate Tue 16-Sep-14 21:15:34

Has anyone had their skin checked at Boots to identify the best colour of foundation and choice of lipsticks ?

If yes did the colours suit you ?

Charleygirl Tue 16-Sep-14 21:53:12

Yes, the foundation x2. Interestingly the foundation was a different shade each time. Both were a good choice for me. I had no idea that the same was done for lipsticks. I may try that as I have a problem choosing one that suits me and I usually get it wrong.

NanKate Tue 16-Sep-14 22:28:21

Yes Charleygirl it seems to be Boots latest No 7 offer the free lipstick check.

alternativegran Wed 17-Sep-14 08:45:50

The foundation suggested was fine, but I have used a lipstick called Under the Sun, an orangey brown shade, for years and it is now discontinued, there are no similar shades in the new range.

I feel that as with clothes certain colours become fashionable and don't suit everyone, skin fades with age and the new No 7 range is very bright.

suebailey1 Wed 17-Sep-14 09:02:35

I have tried it but find it doesn't 'stay' so its still Clarins and Bobbi brown for me - Chanel make the best long lasting lipsticks though.

shabby Wed 17-Sep-14 09:33:09

I used to spend a lot of money on expensive make up brands but am now using Superdrug's MUA range - inexpensive but great colours and great quality.

glassortwo Wed 17-Sep-14 10:08:40

I went and did the skin check for the foundation when it came out and found the colour to be fine, but went last week for the new lipstick edition and bought a lipstick but I am not convinced the colour is me. DD had hers done at the same time and was wearing the new lipstick for the Christening on Sunday and in my opinion the colour was not right for her, so I am not sure mine is correct either.

I have since gone onto Garnier BB foundation as suggested on another thread a while ago, its lots cheaper than the No 7 and an added bonus I got it half price in Boots, I am not very far through the tube but very happy with the results so far.

emmasnan Sun 21-Sep-14 20:27:51

I'm also using the Garnier BB foundation, very smooth to put on and blend in.
I'm not usually very good at using foundation but this is easy to use.

NanKate Sun 21-Sep-14 21:14:12

Emma and Glass is the BB cream by Garnier a foundation or moisturiser ? Does it give good coverage which I am after ?

glassortwo Sun 21-Sep-14 21:48:58

nankate I would say its a tinted moisturiser, I have a few red patches and it does cover them. I think it would depend if you need a heavier than normal foundation, then maybe the coverage wouldnt do for you.
Glamour mag had a sample in last month which was probably dated October (if I can still find it I will post which copy it is ) I tried that first even though the sample was too light for me I got an idea before I bought it.
I have been into Asda today and they have it on special for £6.50 /£6.75.

etheltbags1 Sun 21-Sep-14 22:13:50

Ive just got some cant wait to try it.

NanKate Mon 22-Sep-14 07:03:06

Thanks for the advice Glass.