Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

What are you wearing today and why ?

(218 Posts)
NanKate Wed 06-May-15 10:52:56

This question has just been put to the listeners on Woman's Hour.

I wondered what you were all wearing.

As we are shortly off to see the CG for 2 days then moving onto the New Forest for a week I am dressed in what I would describe as smart casual.

Nice grey/black/silver striped sweater with a slightly nautical feel.
Light grey woolly cotton jacket embellished with an Art Deco style brooch
Dark Grey comfy trousers from M & S - good for the journey.
Purple suede and leather flat shoes from Hotter, can't wear heels now.

Admittedly I am not a fashion icon because comfort is my aim.

Having spent a few hours with my two young boys I will be looking as if I have been dragged through a hedge backwards, as my mother used to say. grin

tanith Wed 06-May-15 10:59:23

I have on tan jeans with a black 3/4 sleeve cardigan done up and black Sketcher trainers. Wore a light navy parka as it was really windy and rain was forecast.
Have just got back from walking to the pool for my swim and walk back.. Its a long walk and I do look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards as its blowing a gale other there..grin

sherish Wed 06-May-15 11:06:35

A day at home today after a long day at the hospital yesterday for chemo. I started off wearing jeans and a navy and white striped long sleeved tee shirt. Mid morning I had to change the jeans for navy yoga pants because I felt very bloated. It could have something to do with my treatment yesterday but whatever the cause I now feel much more comfortable. Plus I'm wearing a navy jersey chemo hat (not too flattering). All very colour co-ordinated down to my navy and white slippers!

felice Wed 06-May-15 11:11:45

Dark blue fleece ,,,,,dressing gown and very old bootie style slippers.
Overdid it the last couple of days and back giving me gyp.
DGS down for his lunch and DD and SIL doing the shopping, for me too.
Rest of the week quite busy so just being a total slob today.
Quite enjoying it really.

ninathenana Wed 06-May-15 11:21:08

sherish flowers

An indoor day for me, so grey joggers and black three quarter sleeved jersey top.
If I had to pop out I'd change the joggers.

whitewave Wed 06-May-15 11:26:22

warm trousers and jumper wet weather shoes, wet weather gor- tex mac and overtrousers - going tramping the streets for the Labour Party.

Mishap Wed 06-May-15 11:29:29

The same as most days! - maternity jeans (comfort is bliss!), stripy T-shirt (green and white today), Hotter dusky pink trainers and a cream loose cardigan.

annodomini Wed 06-May-15 11:33:14

Overslept this morning, so still in red fleece PJs and Hotter moccasin slippers. So glamorous! grin

Lilygran Wed 06-May-15 11:34:21

I was listening to Woman's Hour and I realised I do wear the same thing everyday except for occasions and outings. And I must admit, I go for warmth or coolth and comfort above everything.

Soutra Wed 06-May-15 11:38:12

Wishing you both flowers and sunshinesherish and felice.
Me? Jeans, blue t shirt under last year's oversized off white tape jumper from Phase Eight (in the sale) and big blue beads
I find choosing what to wear very difficult when it starts off sunny, blows a gale, then it rains and temperature drops several degrees . And in any case I look fat in whatever!

Teetime Wed 06-May-15 11:42:50

JL jeans (fawny colour) and aubergine Monsoon jumper this morning but hospital visit followed by appointment with Council this afternoon so probably purple White Stuff velvet skirt, black roll neck and black pumps- makes a change not to in golf gear on Wednesdays.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 06-May-15 11:46:04

Black joggers and mauve-y pink-y grey-y check Marks and Sparks shirt. At last, don't need a cardi.

And Padders slippers.

rosesarered Wed 06-May-15 11:47:06

Soutra, you are too petite to ever look fat!
House spring cleaning today, and yesterday, am wearing khaki jeans and a big loose jazzy cotton three quarter sleeved top over it, very comfortable.Amazing how many spiders like living behind bookcases and wardrobes isn't it?All have been forcibly evicted now (out into the wind and rain.)

shysal Wed 06-May-15 11:49:52

Earlier I was wearing my exercise gear for a class, but now am in what I usually choose for comfort: NYDJ jeans and Boden Breton top, teamed with leopard print Damart slippers!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 06-May-15 11:51:57

roses, they will come back in you know. grin

rosesarered Wed 06-May-15 12:01:51

Yes Jingl, I know they will, they will wait about for a few mins and then squeeze back in through a crack in the wall somewhere.grin

annodomini Wed 06-May-15 12:17:56

Have now changed into red Craghoppers fleece and grey M&S joggers. It's wet and miserable outside and I don't think I have anything arranged so no need to look anything more than casual.

Marmight Wed 06-May-15 12:26:19

Blue jeans, navy crew necked jumper, stripey blue socks and navy suede boots. Floral scarf wound round the neck 3x to keep out the draft!

Jane10 Wed 06-May-15 12:30:15

Tracky bottoms, fleece and Ugg boot slippers. What a picture I presented when our local Lib Dem candidate arrived unexpectedly canvassing. I hadn't even brushed my hair! Oh well. That'll learn him.

Tegan Wed 06-May-15 12:31:45

Still in my pyjamas but need to buy a birthday card later today so will have to put some clothes on....

henetha Wed 06-May-15 12:43:08

I've been to keep fit this morning and am still in my keep-fit outfit of black trousers with pink stripes down the side, black and pink t-shirt and a pink fleece, and pink plimsolls. I am going to get changed as soon as I've recovered....

TerriBull Wed 06-May-15 12:43:19

Started day with gym gear and after had done what I have to do there, showered and changed into charcoal coloured ankle grazer cotton trousers, black stringy straps t shirt with a black gap shirt over the top and black Berghaus light jacket to go shopping with black flat pumps.

jo1book Wed 06-May-15 12:48:13

A navy blue mac. over Me+Em separates, ankle skimming navy pants and navy Wolky suede loafers - cross-body orange bag and shopping bag in yellow with "Old Bag" written on it. All for Sainburys!

rubysong Wed 06-May-15 13:46:14

Dark grey cords, blue and white blouse, navy fleece, pink spotty socks and black Clarks slip on shoes. Community coffee morning in church.

kittylester Wed 06-May-15 13:56:47

Blue jeans, blue jumper and purple slippers. Slippers to be changed for boots and all topped with a big, warm, waterproof coat, with a hood, for the school run