Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Bikini Waxing

(37 Posts)
CandyKat Thu 05-May-16 17:20:05

So, I hate having a bikini wax. I tell myself it's the beautician's job and she's probably done it hundreds of times but I still find it embarrassing. It's only the thought of showing hair poking out of a swimsuit that gets me to a beauticians. What do other gransnetters do?

Charleygirl Thu 05-May-16 18:05:10

Exactly the same!

ffinnochio Thu 05-May-16 20:13:58

I just keep myself tidied up generally. So when I"m wearing a swimming costume, it's never a problem.
Doesn't everyone?

granjura Thu 05-May-16 20:24:41

just couldn't, sorry. Same asffinnochio.

tanith Thu 05-May-16 20:30:14

I do it myself too, couldn't be doing with bikini waxing..

Bellanonna Thu 05-May-16 20:53:13

That's the upside of being hypothyroid ?

rubylady Fri 06-May-16 00:50:09

Two children, one only ever wax, never again! shock

Teetime Fri 06-May-16 02:59:50

I plait it then tuck it in. grin Bikini wax - never and wear a bikini - never!!! Not for me haven't got the figure for it. I wouldn't worry about the beautician she has seen hundreds - its her bread and butter so to speak.

FarNorth Fri 06-May-16 03:42:30

Get a 'boyleg' swimsuit.

tiredoldwoman Fri 06-May-16 05:18:45

I spent ages in the shower last night sorting my bits out - blocked the plug hole in the bath ! The girls at work all go for a wax but the idea of it horrifies me !
Does anyone still use Immac - I can remember the smell of it !

Newquay Fri 06-May-16 08:21:37

Last time I had a bikini wax a few years ago it left ugly red marks on my skin so no longer for me. . .as others have said I just use scissors reasonably regularly and then shave inner thighs when I know I'll be wearing cossie. I wear a tankini which which is brill; they have almost short type bottoms which leave you less exposed and you can go to the loo without having to strip off?

Liz46 Fri 06-May-16 08:46:37

A friend of mine was half way through a bikini wax when the fire alarm went off and she had to limp to the car park!

thatbags Fri 06-May-16 09:07:36

What farnorth suggested is an alternative. Or wear shorts over your swimsuit except when you're actually swimming.

Sunlover Fri 06-May-16 11:03:46

When I was younger I regularly had waxing. Never had the courage to go the whole hog and have the lot off!! Nowadays I find I have much less hair to deal with so manage myself with a razor or creams.

nanasam Fri 06-May-16 11:16:09

I'm going bald anyway, so I just tuck what's there into a fold of skin! grin

TizzMee Fri 06-May-16 11:35:32

I use Veet cream. Brilliant stuff. I once tried shaving down there and came up in shaver's rash. Aaagh. Hair would've looked better.

bobbydog24 Fri 06-May-16 11:43:14

I used to use cream but once left it on longer than should have and was in agony for hours. Razor for me now. Is it just me or as I get older I find I am continually adjusting my underwear. My GD says sometimes my bums eating my nickers and that's just how I feel. Have tried various types but none give me comfort.

Witzend Fri 06-May-16 11:48:29

I just use Veet or Immac or whatever. Never had a problem with it. Couldn't bear the thought of waxing - quite aside from any embarrassment it's bloody painful.

Cosafina Fri 06-May-16 12:00:50

I have it waxed by my beautician - but only in Spain as I find the way she does it is infinitely less painful than the way they do it over here in the UK. She still has to warn any people in the waiting room that I'm OK though!

I LOVE having my legs waxed - makes them feel alive, gets all the dead skin off, and leaves them feeling silky smooth for ages.

Gardenman99 Fri 06-May-16 12:05:23

My wife sprays on Veet leaves it on for ten minute shower off smooth as can be.

Cagsy Fri 06-May-16 12:11:35

Never, ever - I'd die of embarrassment! I've never thought it a big issue, just keep generally trimmed with scissors. As I've got older (mid 60s now) there seems to be less hair so shave under arms and legs about twice a year - fortunately the hair on my head is staying put.
I so feel for your friend Liz 46, I bet she'll never do it againblush

Stella14 Fri 06-May-16 12:36:27

I guess I'm just a hussy! When I got divorced and met a new guy 8 years ago, I had a Brazillian (thin landing strip) for a while. Soon after, I went for a Hollywood (every hair gone). ?

Synonymous Fri 06-May-16 13:49:18

Teetime plait?shock grin

SusanCh Fri 06-May-16 14:14:45

Full leg and bikini wax. I have it done all year long, every six weeks. I'm not really vain, but struggle to understand why the hair on my head is totally grey, but the hair on my legs has remained as dark as it ever was. It doesn't need to grow very much before my legs are unsightly. I've now been waxed so many times that I don't even feel it.

MamaCaz Fri 06-May-16 18:50:00

Pluck the b*****s out - makes my eyes water but as I usually suffer from very dry eyes, that's an added bonus )))