Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Denim jeans/trousers

(13 Posts)
Marybel Fri 06-May-16 15:49:56

I like wearing jeans and wear them most days, but I'm going off all the yellow/orange top-stitching that they all seem to have down the leg seams and around the pockets. Feel a bit mutton dressed as lamb! Does anyone know of indigo denim jeans or trousers with dark stitching?

BBbevan Sat 07-May-16 07:13:42

marybel a friend of mine had the same problem as you. However , whenever she found a well fitting pair of jeans, orange stitching or not, she bought them. She had a laundry marker ( permanent) pen at home and would carefully colour each stitch. It didn't take too long, was practically invisible, and lasted ages. If it did fade in multiple washes she just did it again. Sort of reverse customising

Teetime Sat 07-May-16 08:48:25

JL have their own range of jeans which are very nice, last well and don't have orange stitching. I'm sure some of the designer ranges don't but I for one am not paying in excess of £100 for a pair of jeans. Try Monsoon, Fat Face and White Stuff for better priced alternatives.

hildajenniJ Sat 07-May-16 12:24:11

I got mine in Sainsbury's. No fancy coloured stitching there. My black jeans (the ones I practically live in) have black stitching.

wot Sat 07-May-16 13:12:02

How do I stop my black jeans fading and ending up looking like scruffy grey ones?

BBbevan Sat 07-May-16 15:53:44

Wot you can't. Buy a packet of washing machine dye and give that a go.

wot Sat 07-May-16 17:46:53

Good idea bb! I've given that many pairs to the charity shop already. My other problem now is having a white dog. I wore a new black pair the other day and they were absolutely covered in white dog hairs at the end of the day. Same with my leggings but just was them after every wear...so quick to dry.

Deedaa Sat 07-May-16 21:24:42

Washing them inside out is supposed to help with fading.

italiangirl Sun 08-May-16 08:48:32

I'm glad other gransnetters here are wearing jeans I'm planning to wear them as long as I can have mostly gone over to black ones .

Anya Sun 08-May-16 09:00:16

I always wear jeans. Next are my current favourites since Per Una changed their leg lengths.

I saw a very elderly woman yesterday in town wearing denims. Granted she was slim, and I'm guessing she was in her 80s. She had teamed them with a great T-shirt and trendy flat shoes and she looked wonderful - which is why I remember her.

BBbevan Sun 08-May-16 19:29:14

wot ditto dog wink

italiangirl Sun 08-May-16 23:56:15

That's good to hear

awenthomas12 Sun 12-Jun-16 02:11:23

Jeans are one of my favorite outfit. I love to wear jeans for workout and also for outing. I have a 10 pair of jeans within different colors and styles and love all of them.
Thanks!!