Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

St Tropez self tan.

(16 Posts)
petra Fri 27-May-16 10:35:32

I thought I would give this product a recommendation. Although I have been to Spain twice this year, they weren't 'holidays' as such so I didn't get a tan.
Next week I'm going on holiday with the whole family and I hate the pale look, especially as I get older. You can get away with the pale look when your young, but not now.
Anyway, my DD recommended this self tan, it really does work well, very natural colour, doesn't stain.

Cherrytree59 Fri 27-May-16 10:44:37

Thanks petra I will give it a go.
Did you use it on your face?
I have tried several self tans on my face (including ones recommended for use on face). But they always give me spots.

tiredoldwoman Fri 27-May-16 13:57:21

I tried the Dove Summer Revived one but it came off on the lovely white hotel towels - oops . I used Oil of Olay Everyday Sunshine for my face , Cherrytree , no spots with this one !

gw554 Fri 27-May-16 16:34:43

Thanks petra, you've just reminded me... I must pick up a bottle of thisbefore the sun really comes out - fabulous stuff.

damson Fri 27-May-16 16:40:51

san Tropez is my 'tried and tested' option too - whenever i want to look a slightly less whiter shade of pale, as procol harum would say grin

i also like james read sleep tan mask (or something) for the face. Lovely golden colour

damson Fri 27-May-16 16:42:29

just make sure you use a tanning mitt!

minimo Fri 27-May-16 17:02:35

I use the Garnier after sun tan maintainer stuff. The colour is lovely for my rather pale complexion and I've never had streaks but there is a bit of a biscuity whiff the first day after application. Still worth it in my opinion! Have a lovely holiday petra!

petra Fri 27-May-16 17:24:07

Cherrytree59. No, I didn't use it on my face, I didn't need it there. I spend a lot of time in the garden and walk a lot along Southend sea front. Although that could be windburn and not sunburn lol.

twiggy Fri 27-May-16 17:31:19

damson grin

rosesarered Fri 27-May-16 21:18:20

Wonder you weren't blown into the sea Petra from the bracing wind.grin

jogginggirl Fri 27-May-16 23:54:42

I would definitely recommend that you take a look at tropicskincare.com - cruelty-free, gluten-free, vegan skincare. Their Summer Skin gradual tanning lotion and their Instant Glow - fast tanning is amazing. Also they do a gradual tanning facial serum - Sun Drops.... A brilliant skincare and make- up range..... X

Harris27 Mon 30-May-16 10:32:04

I've been using San moritz but it can be messy so hubby does it for me! But looking at your. Comments will definitely try this one is the mitt application one the best or the mousse?

petra Mon 30-May-16 13:30:24

Harris27 I use the mitt to put the mouse on, but I put surgical gloves on under the mitt because I find it comes through the mitt and you can end up with that lovely look where it is round your finger nails. Not the look I want.

f77ms Mon 30-May-16 16:19:52

I use Loreal sublime bronze for the face in light tan . It is a spray so is so easy to use . Doesn`t give me spots .

Jayh Mon 30-May-16 19:08:08

When you get into the sun try Piz Buin tan and protect. I think it must have a self tanning element to it as I have an uncharacteristicly fab tan after using this during a holiday in Florida. I have been using it during this lovely hot spell of weather too and sure enough I am a pleasing shade of tanned rather than the usual lobster.

Harris27 Tue 31-May-16 09:17:46

There's some good tips here yes I agree Petra it's a dead giveaway the marks around the fingers! Thanks will use the surgical gloves under Good tip!