Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

M&S new season

(105 Posts)
NotTooOld Sat 24-Sep-16 21:19:42

I've just had a look at the M&S website as I'm planning a shopping trip next week. Despite all the suggestions M&S have had from Gransnetters it really doesn't look as though the clothes have improved this season. There are some very strange looking tops in weird prints on offer. (I did a cut and paste on a strangely designed pale pink Per Una tunic affair but I can't seem to get it to paste on here}. Is there any hope for M&S?

DaphneBroon Sat 24-Sep-16 21:24:26

I have bought a lovely soft and fluffy BIG CARDI that I am looking forward to wearing, plus a sort of polo neck jumper with open sides like a poncho which will need a t shirt under it, but looks nice. Disappointed with their trousers though, cheap,fabrics, uninspiring colours and shapes.
I have had a couple of what they call shell tops (oversized t shirts) suitable for days like today when it doesn't know whether it is summer or Autumn.
Some very tempting jumpers and cardi/coatigans appearing on the Woolovers website though. Pity I am spent up!

DaphneBroon Sat 24-Sep-16 21:29:15

These for instance!

Deedaa Sat 24-Sep-16 21:36:10

It's still the same old story - put the autumn clothes they're advertising on anyone over 25 and bigger than a size 8 and you've got instant bag lady. They asked me to review a range of mixed packs of knickers. I told them they looked like something a 12 year old would wear. And why bother about the knickers? Why not ask people to review clothes that other people will actually see you wearing? I don't think they've got a clue what they're doing.

DaphneBroon Sat 24-Sep-16 21:41:31

I liked these from M&S(for once, they look better on!!)

NotTooOld Sat 24-Sep-16 21:43:33

Daphne - how did you get to be a reviewer?

DaphneBroon Sat 24-Sep-16 21:45:39

I'm not -I am a snapper up of things I like the look of even when it is very early in the season! blush
I shop, therefore I am grin

Ana Sat 24-Sep-16 21:49:10

Sorry, but I think that jacket(?) is horrible! confused

DaphneBroon Sat 24-Sep-16 21:52:32

Actually it does look nicer on (I hope) I bought it deliberately big and snuggly. Oh dear, should I be having second thoughts? DD liked it, and I usually trust her taste better try it on again hmm

Ana Sat 24-Sep-16 21:56:48

Oh dear, didn't realise that was the one you'd bought Daphne blush

I'm sure it does look better on...anyway, what do I know?

whitewave Sat 24-Sep-16 21:57:32

No! For all you know ana may have terrible taste in clothes. It's all a matter of personal taste.

Wear it and enjoy it!

whitewave Sat 24-Sep-16 21:57:58

Oh x posts.

whitewave Sat 24-Sep-16 22:01:14

I'm sure you have good taste in clothes ana
Oh blimey I wish I hadn't joined in this discussion confused

Ana Sat 24-Sep-16 22:08:05

I know the feeling...

NotTooOld Sat 24-Sep-16 22:12:46

Sorry Daphne, it was Deedaa who said she had reviewed some knickers. Dee -how did you get to do that?

NotTooOld Sat 24-Sep-16 22:14:15

(See that clever change of subject?)

DaphneBroon Sat 24-Sep-16 22:14:21

Not questioning your taste at all Ana!! It truly looks much better on and I hope I haven't made a mistake as I do like the Woolovers ones too, but can no longer justify them sad
I also like grey and white since my hair went white and can no longer wear the warmer shades I used to like.
Oh the way these manufacturers get us to part with our money......

Maggiemaybe Sat 24-Sep-16 22:19:46

For what it's worth, Daphne, I do like the jacket. I am not an early adopter, though, I'm more your clearance sale bargain hunter. So the litmus test will be whether I can buy it or not a few months hence. If I can, Ana will be the style guru, if not it'll be you! grin

Ana Sat 24-Sep-16 22:21:16

grin

Maggiemaybe Sat 24-Sep-16 22:21:39

Sorry, NotTooOld, I rather subverted your excellent change of subject there....

NotTooOld Sat 24-Sep-16 22:29:06

Maggie, don't worry about it. I'll try again. Has anyone spotted the horrible powder pink Per Una tunic yet? It has frills, tucks and droopy sleeves (I really hope no-one on here has actually bought it or I will be in trouble.)

DaphneBroon Sat 24-Sep-16 22:48:33

My favourite garment notTooOd grin

janeainsworth Sat 24-Sep-16 23:25:25

You mean this one, Not? Words fail me!
www.marksandspencer.com/romantic-long-sleeve-blouse/p/p60084427?image=SD_01_T43_4509K_AY_X_EC_90&color=BLUSH&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

mumofmadboys Sun 25-Sep-16 07:19:36

If I was a size 8 or 10 it would probably look great!

NanKate Sun 25-Sep-16 07:29:39

What a dreadful pink blouse, thanks for showing it to us Jane but I do like the grey and cream sweater Daphne it would suit me a treat IMO.

I rarely buy anything from M and S, other than their £10 meals grin