Gransnet forums

Technology

Facebook

(6 Posts)
Daisyanswerdo Mon 28-Oct-13 11:51:56

Where are my privacy settings? I can imagine you all rolling your eyes at this. All I can say in my defence is that they aren't obvious to me. Thanks!

Ariadne Mon 28-Oct-13 12:00:41

Upon the top right hand corner; click on "My account" and you should find them.

Tegan Mon 28-Oct-13 12:07:55

I don't even know how to do Facebook; it's another world to me [not one that I'm sure I want to enter but I am curious, in an Alice in Wonderland sort of way]. And I might spend even more time on the pooter if I do [if that's possible].

gratefulgran54 Mon 28-Oct-13 13:07:47

Have to say Tegan that I love FB, as it has put me in touch with so many people from my life that I would not otherwise be able to see i.e old school friends who have emigrated, family who live the other side of the country.
It is lovely to see how they are getting on, pictures of their children/grandchildren, comparing notes on said children/grandchildren etc.
I wasn't sure at first, but now delight in seeing what friends, old and new, are up to.
Skype is another wonder I now enjoy...being able to talk to distant bods face to face is amazing!
You should give it a try smile

Daisyanswerdo Mon 28-Oct-13 14:48:15

Many thanks, Ariadne.

I don't feel too ashamed because I haven't got the word 'Accounts' but a little asterisk thing I hadn't seen and that led me to my privacy settings.

I don't post often, especially not on my children's sites - I did check with them before I joined. My cousin's family in New Zealand put a lot of pics on Facebook.

Agree about Skype gratefulgran. It's great to be able to see and talk to my daughter, her husband and her cats. They are in the USA.

pinkprincess Wed 30-Oct-13 00:52:48

There is good and not so good about Facebook.
My oldest DGD is in South America just now, on holiday with two friends.It is great that I can see her photos.Am still worrying about her until she gets back safely though.
On the other hand I have a niece who is addicted to FB. All her private life is on there.And daily updates of her beautiful and clever children.
I have another DGD whose lifestyle I do not like.She posts on FB but I tend to avoid all her postings.