Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Wierd celebrity crushes.

(44 Posts)
shysal Fri 25-Jul-14 07:21:38

How many of these do you agree with? I have to confess to having a soft spot for Richard Hammond, Philip Schofield and Paul Hollywood.blush
Who else would you add to the list?
home.bt.com/lifestyle/top-10-weird-celebrity-crushes-11363921493593

janeainsworth Fri 25-Jul-14 07:32:29

None of the above, but Steve Coogan can come round to my place any time wink

kittylester Fri 25-Jul-14 07:38:41

I''ll admit to a slight crush on Nick Knowles and John Torode. blush

Soutra Fri 25-Jul-14 07:44:13

Brian Cox, Michael Scott, Dan Snow... oh and Alasdair Sook tbblush

hildajenniJ Fri 25-Jul-14 08:35:58

Pierce Brosnan is aging well don't you think? Robert Llewellyn is okay too. And I think perhaps James Nesbitt. tbblush

Marmight Fri 25-Jul-14 09:10:27

Only fancy Robson Green - you can bin the others!. I once travelled from Kings X with the 3 DD's home to Edinburgh with him sitting opposite. He was Luvverly - very smiley and very normal, in the days when he was a hospital porter on Casualty tbwink I wonder how long ago that was?

Anniebach Fri 25-Jul-14 09:15:07

John Humphries

Marmight Fri 25-Jul-14 09:21:33

Just read the OP properly - I thought it was just from the list of 10! You can add Martin Shaw and Jack Shepherd .........

merlotgran Fri 25-Jul-14 09:54:51

Nick Knowles can come round and help me with our conversion any time he likes!! grin

I have to confess that there's something about (whispers) Simon Cowell when he leans back in his seat, puts on a smiley face and winks at BGT contestants. shock

John Torode isn't short in the good looks department but his tongue is too large for his mouth which is a real turn off. Jamie Oliver has the same tongue but that doesn't matter because he's not in the least bit sexy.

Can't stand Robson Green and as for Gareth Molone....really? hmm

merlotgran Fri 25-Jul-14 09:57:12

And I'll add Lee Mack to the list but goodness knows why I find him sexy!!

Lona Fri 25-Jul-14 10:02:55

Ooh yes merlot, Lee Mack does it for me, I love a sense of humour! But, not when he isn't dressed in a smart suit as he's got puny arms and legs!

KatyK Fri 25-Jul-14 10:05:40

I wouldn't consider most of those mentioned above as weird confused with the exception of Simon Cowell

feetlebaum Fri 25-Jul-14 10:31:55

As a chap I too fancy the odd celeb - Dr Lucy Worsley definitely!

Kathy Sykes, too - although she has made some rubbish programmes in which she failed to take a proper scientific approach

ninathenana Fri 25-Jul-14 11:06:20

Phil Schofield is good looking and was very friendly when DH and I met him.
Paul Hollywood is to be admired from afar, something about him I just don't like.

Tegan Fri 25-Jul-14 12:06:28

feetle; I watch everything that Lucy Worsley does on the telly; she's amazing [you have good taste, methinks]. I have a huge crush on Rich Hall, the comedian, and, having watched his series about Australia, John Bishop. The common denominator being that they both make me laugh but they also think very deeply about things.

ninathenana Fri 25-Jul-14 14:37:53

Oh yes, John Bishop. Especially in the photos they showed of his first cycle ride in Australia.

KatyK Fri 25-Jul-14 16:43:27

Oo I have to agree re John Bishop

oznan Sat 26-Jul-14 20:02:25

It has to be Alan Davies-don't know why,there's just something about him!

grumppa Sat 26-Jul-14 21:13:53

Agree about Lucy Worsley, and after Proms Extra this evening I would add Katie Derham; and Darcey Bussell on Strictly.

Blinko Sun 27-Jul-14 10:32:10

Rich Hall and John Bishop, deffo. Oh and Dan Snow. But Nick Knowles??? Eek!

Tegan Sun 27-Jul-14 11:18:53

Did you see the recent Rich Hall programme about California, Blinko? I love his programmes about America.

Blinko Sun 27-Jul-14 11:39:32

A friend in her eighties fancies John Barrowman. We told her he's gay. I'd turn him, she replied. That's what I call optimism!

Blinko Sun 27-Jul-14 11:41:30

Me too, Tegan. I like how RH is kinda funny and knowledgeable at the same time. I think he's the top of my wish list at the mo.

annodomini Sun 27-Jul-14 11:52:23

As MASH was my favourite sitcom ever, I always thought it would be good to meet Alan Alda - not a crush, really. I thought he would be interesting and funny. Probably confusing him with his character, Hawkeye.

annodomini Sun 27-Jul-14 11:52:23

As MASH was my favourite sitcom ever, I always thought it would be good to meet Alan Alda - not a crush, really. I thought he would be interesting and funny. Probably confusing him with his character, Hawkeye.