Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Will you be watching this Katie Hopkins programme?

(34 Posts)
shysal Tue 02-Sep-14 09:26:36

home.bt.com/lifestyle/wellbeing/katie-hopkins-gains-four-stone-for-tv-show-11363929763644
I can't stand the woman, and sneakily hope she finds it more difficult than she thinks to lose the weight. Unfortunately, a she is naturally slim and will be followed by cameras, she will probably find it easy resulting in her being more smug than ever. Much as I would like to ignore the show, I expect I shall watch, even if it is only to bitch about her on here!
Many of us who carry extra pounds are not lazy, and I think we just have more of a tendency to gain weight than others.

Agus Tue 02-Sep-14 09:34:14

This woman should come with a health warning! So, for the sake of my BP, I definitely wouldn't watch her on any programme.

KatyK Tue 02-Sep-14 10:07:39

No. It is just self publicising as usual.

henetha Tue 02-Sep-14 10:15:19

No. Can't summon up any real interest in watching her.

HollyDaze Tue 02-Sep-14 10:15:58

No - I would rather eat my own feet than watch anything with Katie Hopkins appearing in it.

Elegran Tue 02-Sep-14 10:31:04

No. Couldn't stand her on The Apprentice and she has not improved since. I don't find her worth watching, even as an example of a hilariously ridiculous opinionated woman who shifts her stand to get the most publicity possible even if it destroys any hint that she might have a brain or a heart.

Atqui Tue 02-Sep-14 10:34:11

I don't know the woman,but as she had a reason to put on weight and did so mindfully , unless she has developed some of the emotional hang ups with food along the way, losing it again should be quite easy.Hence , it is not a fair test. She probably tells people with depression to 'pull themselves together' too.

Soutra Tue 02-Sep-14 10:51:45

I can never and shall never forgive her for her naff comment on red-haired children ("ginger babies? Just like real babies but so much harder to love.") She could metamorphose into Mother Teresa and I still wouldn't give her the time of day. angry #grannyofadorableauburnhairedboy

annodomini Tue 02-Sep-14 11:04:04

I wish she would subside into the obscurity she so richly deserves.

J52 Tue 02-Sep-14 11:44:55

Some people will do anything to be constantly in the limelight! She is a self publicising - can't write the next noun! It would make me as bad as she is!

This is making a mockery and so insulting to anyone who genuinely, for a variety of reasons, struggles to control their weight.

She is not doing it in any way, to promote healthy lifestyle. I hope no one watches, but I know they will to see how extreme she is. x

janthea Tue 02-Sep-14 11:50:27

Never watch this sort of programme. I would spend too much time shouting at the TV!

whenim64 Tue 02-Sep-14 12:08:58

Katie Hopkins has nothing helpful to add to discussions about obesity. She is single-minded and regards emotions as weakness, so she'll just revert to her previous lifestyle and drop the weight with ease.

shabby Tue 02-Sep-14 12:41:59

Absolutely not. I almost hope that she keeps the weight on or if she loses it she has saggy skin. It is not like me to wish ill on anyone but I can't stand this manufactured nonsense when lots of people have genuine life issues to contend with on a daily basis.

whitewave Tue 02-Sep-14 15:37:03

Ghastly woman. Not worth a spit second thought. And this post is far too long!!!!!!!!

petallus Tue 02-Sep-14 17:22:10

When is the program being broadcast?

I don't know much about Katie Hopkins and am curious to see what it is about the woman that inspires such flurries of disgust, derision and spitefulness whenever she is mentioned on Gransnet.

shysal Tue 02-Sep-14 17:57:59

If you really want to know more about her, try Googling her petallus or watch some of her interviews from 'This Morning'. Then you will understand!
She hasn't started to shed the weight yet, so assume it will be a while before the programme is aired.

petallus Tue 02-Sep-14 18:05:20

Oh I see shysal I thought it was on this evening.

NfkDumpling Tue 02-Sep-14 18:12:31

Never heard of her before but she doesn't sound like someone I'd take to. She may be able to loose the weight quickly, but she might (hopefully) have a bit more of a problem with all that stretched skin!

KatyK Tue 02-Sep-14 18:23:06

She was on This Morning the other day. She is not very overweight at all but was desperately trying to look fatter than she was (if that makes sense). She had a tight dress on and was holding her back confused and trying to spread herself out as much as she could.

Elegran Tue 02-Sep-14 18:24:32

Comparing the two photos of her on the link on the original post, I would say that her face is better-looking in the fat one!

KatyK Tue 02-Sep-14 18:26:58

To be honest she did look better with a bit of weight on.

Elegran Tue 02-Sep-14 18:28:43

If she wants to experience being really overweight/obese she will have to do better than a size 16. That is just the average UK women's dress size. I'd like to see her get to a size 24 or 26 or 30 and then return to her 8 stone 8 pounds. That would be more of a challenge.

J52 Tue 02-Sep-14 19:03:02

With any luck she'll explode!

J52 Tue 02-Sep-14 19:03:36

Maybe I should not have said that, but ........

durhamjen Tue 02-Sep-14 21:33:49

From 8 st 8 lbs to less than 12 st is actually nearer 3 st than 4 st.
It would be nice to see her obese and lose that.