Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Does anyone remember Spider?

(10 Posts)
Anne58 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:22:55

A really lovely cartoon series that used to be on BBC? Jack loved it as a littley, we ended up buying the video (as it was at the time).

No talking, just great music, mainly 12 string guitar. I am going to get it on DVD as a small present for the grandchildren.

If any of you are looking for an inexpensive present, I do recommend it, however do be careful because one seller on the dreaded Amazon seems to have made an error in the price, i.e £59.99 shock

I have been wandering around singing a couple of lines from one of the songs

"When I said I could ride without stabilisers I have to admit I lied, Daddy gave a push I went straight in the bush, but everyone said I tried" grin

vampirequeen Thu 27-Nov-14 13:49:00

I used to love watching this with my children. The grin on the spider's face when the boy was singing was so funny.

For those of you who don't know it, here's a youtube link
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgQ1JuUIexA

Anne58 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:57:03

It's lovely, isn't it vamp!

And for those who might worry that it will increase any spider fears, they of course become good friends!

There are also episodes involving hamsters, hedgehogs, children having pillow fights etc.

MiniMouse Fri 28-Nov-14 12:41:39

Don't think my two ever saw this, but I've watched your youtube link vq (thanks for that!) and now can't stop humming it grin Think I might be visiting Amazon, too, phoenix!!

Anne58 Fri 28-Nov-14 12:54:54

Here's another one!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxqCuogHnCM

MiniMouse Fri 28-Nov-14 15:41:39

Now I shan't get anything done!!! These are great fun, though best not to show my spiderphobic DD - there again wink

Anne58 Fri 28-Nov-14 15:50:57

My dgc's were over on Saturday, and the subject of spiders came up (there was one on the staircase that Oliver Sprout had overlooked) and my dil said how much both of the children went all of a doo dah when they saw one, so we de-camped to the office and I showed them the first video on Youtube. They loved it, hence me ordering it for them!

It really is children's TV at it's best, and one of the few DVD's that wouldn't drive me to distraction even if it was played over and over again!

felice Fri 28-Nov-14 15:55:58

Lovely, unfortunately Amazon Uk no longer deliver to Belguim, so can't buy it, will need to get it bought in the UK and sent over. Thanks for the reminder, DD is terrified of spiders and desperate not to pass the phobia on the DGS, she got it from her father, so this would be great.

Anne58 Fri 28-Nov-14 16:14:06

smile

janerowena Fri 28-Nov-14 22:49:26

Spider was my very favourite. I can sing it all right now - in fact I am. DS used to love the singing hamster in it. DD used to sneakily put it on when she was about 8, when my sister was visiting, just to look at the horror on her face - a serious arachnophobe. Now why doesn't PT like arachnophobe? It's a perfectly legitimate word! We still have it and play it for the GCs.