Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

If you could be a TV presenter....

(13 Posts)
merlotgran Fri 29-May-15 15:11:26

Who would you like to be?

It's raining heavily here so we're watching Nicki Chapman on Escape to the Continent in Portugal. When she's not doing Escape to the Country she's down under in Australia or New Zealand and recently she was at the Chelsea Flower Show.

Nice work if you can get it?

soontobe Fri 29-May-15 15:29:23

Ant. He wins lots of awards so must be one of the best presenters.
There seems to be many weeks when he is not on the screen, so may have lots of downtime too. And probably has enough money to see him through those times.

Teetime Fri 29-May-15 15:34:20

I'd like to present Saturday kitchen so I can eat all the food and meet sexy chefs!

Ana Fri 29-May-15 15:47:23

Ant? As in And 'n Dec?

You can't have one without the other!

Marmight Fri 29-May-15 15:53:19

I'd like to present the Proms from the Albert Hall in the summer and during the winter, I would metamorphose into Phil and do the Relocation to Australia programme sunshine

soontobe Fri 29-May-15 15:58:06

Oh yes I can! grin

annodomini Fri 29-May-15 15:58:16

Sue Barker when she presents Wimbledon. Then I would have a perfect reason for watching every match and perhaps someone would supply me with tea and sandwiches strawberries and cream.

shysal Fri 29-May-15 15:58:31

I would like to be Nigel the dog from Gardeners World. I could lie around and watch someone else do all the work, occasionally tossing a ball into a wheelbarrow to amuse the viewers.

Grannyknot Fri 29-May-15 16:18:43

Shysal grin

I'd be Richard Osman on Pointless.

whenim64 Fri 29-May-15 16:19:31

As you've taken the Wimbedon slot, anno I'll be Jools Holland presenting his 'Later with.....' programme, so I could meet all those bands and enjoy watching them play live from the comfort of my piano stool.

Agus Fri 29-May-15 16:41:42

I have just watched Monty Don in Provence. I would love to have presented that episode, firstly to be back in Provence, drink French coffee and drive a 2CV again but most importantly to visit the beautiful gardens he was lucky to enjoy.

Teetime Fri 29-May-15 16:50:27

I used to have a red 2CV!!! sad happy days!!!

Agus Fri 29-May-15 17:13:21

I had a red Citroen Dyane Teetime. Cost me £1,500 new! Very happy days.