Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Syndicate

(61 Posts)
PRINTMISS Wed 24-Jun-15 09:28:59

I am sure there must be many of your watching this - I am so enjoying it, once again Kay Mellor has come up with a fascinating story which involves so many other stories. When last night's episode had finished I wished I had the book (if there is one, although I think it is a written for t.v. play) I would have stayed up and read to the end. Lenny Henry is perfect and although I am quite sure all that he says about being able to crack codes, etc, on his new computer is total gobble-de-gook, be makes it sound believable. Looking forward to next week.

Soutra Wed 24-Jun-15 09:36:10

I am loving it too. But quite sad to see Anthony Andrews looking old and frail, I suppose it is down to make up and acting?

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 24-Jun-15 09:40:55

I'm enjoying it, and I think it's about to get even more interesting. Can it really be Julia selling off the family silver?! shock

whenim64 Wed 24-Jun-15 10:12:04

I enjoy The Syndicate, too. It's turning into a fascinating thriller. Lenny Henry is so interesting in this part.

KatyK Wed 24-Jun-15 10:33:42

I'm enjoying this too. I think Melanie Hill is particularly good.

gillybob Wed 24-Jun-15 10:39:28

I'm loving this. I agree with when . Lenny Henry is so well suited to his part. I loved it last night when he did the police IT department's job for them helped the police with their enquiries. I think there are a few more twists to come yet.

Well done Kay Mellor.

kittylester Wed 24-Jun-15 10:40:17

I've loved all of these. This one is particularly good. Isn't Lenny Henry turning out to be a great actor considering he started on Tiswas? Melanie Hill is always good - wasn't she in Bread? [both approx 100 years ago!]grin

Anthony Andrews does look frail - hopefully, as you say Soutra, the makeup and good acting but doesn't the solicitor (Simons Williams??) look good. blush

Soutra Wed 24-Jun-15 10:43:35

Down girl!!grin

Soutra Wed 24-Jun-15 10:43:48

#sawhimfirst

whitewave Wed 24-Jun-15 10:46:45

Fun

merlotgran Wed 24-Jun-15 10:48:46

It's great.

Matella Wed 24-Jun-15 15:18:58

Lenny Henry delivers every time. What talent.
I did not see that coming last night and somehow thought the boyfriend would end up helping the police uncover the truth about Amy's disappearance. Not to be. Look forward to next week.

merlotgran Tue 30-Jun-15 22:58:09

Better and better. I was so engrossed with the relationship between Julie and Lord Hazelwood that I forgot all about the missing Amy.

Can't wait for next week.

Anya Tue 30-Jun-15 23:01:06

I didn't see that coming!

Soutra Tue 30-Jun-15 23:04:01

Julie and Lord Hazelwood, what a sweetie!

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 30-Jun-15 23:04:24

Hmm. Getting a little bit far-fetched now. So Sarah is Lord Hazelwood's daughter, and he never realised it? And Julie never whispered it in his ear? hmm grin

Wish they would get back to the missing Amy.

Ana Tue 30-Jun-15 23:06:44

But...Julie's in Corrie and about to get involved with Roy!
(she looks exactly the same in both progs as well)

Jomarie Tue 30-Jun-15 23:19:16

I agree with you Jings - am assuming next week we will find out that Amy and Spencer have been in cahoots to get the money! Maybe or maybe not.... I think Lenny Henry is a great character actor and maybe should have gone down that route in the first place rather than the comedy one. On the other hand, of course, there might not have been the opportunities - who knows? Ana she is a great character actor/actress (not PC now) but suffers from typecasting to a degree but unless you are a camelion it's probably OK - at least there are roles for her to play and play well. She is believable in whatever part she plays - usually, an "ordinary" woman. IMO. smile

grumppa Wed 01-Jul-15 12:28:35

I thought Roy was in The Archers, hoping to get back with Elizabeth, never mind Corrie

Alea Tue 07-Jul-15 21:59:00

Oh yes! The loathsome Spencer gets his comeuppance and maybe Amy was not quite as dim as she seemed?
I do love a happy ending! grin

(?)

It is, isn't it?

Marelli Tue 07-Jul-15 22:02:16

I'm being dense, but who was the lad Amy drove off with? I know he was there when she signed the papers for the modelling agency, but I can't remember him being there beforehand? confused

merlotgran Tue 07-Jul-15 22:03:15

It was fab. I'm sure there will be other Syndicate stories but I'd love a sequel to this one.

With Amy on the front cover of Vogue!

rosesarered Tue 07-Jul-15 22:03:21

Tyler?

Anya Tue 07-Jul-15 22:03:47

He's the one she met at the photography session in London. I think she's working a fast one.

Anya Tue 07-Jul-15 22:04:46

Oh! I paused it for 5 minutes while I put the chickens in, you're all ahead of me and I've just caught up.