Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Martian

(8 Posts)
ninathenana Sun 04-Oct-15 11:06:28

Has anyone seen this yet?
I love si-fi but despite it's rave reviews I'm not sure it would sustain my interest. Yes, Mat Damon is easy on the eye, but could I watch him stuck on Mars alone for 2hrs + ? Hmmm.

henetha Sun 04-Oct-15 11:10:33

I've just read the book which I thought was brilliant. I hope to see the film this week. I bet it's not as gripping as the book, - they never are, are they. Nevertheless, I hope to enjoy it.

ninathenana Sun 04-Oct-15 11:41:41

Please let us know what you think smile

Lona Sun 04-Oct-15 11:51:37

I read a review which said it's the best film Ridley Scott has ever made.
Please let us know Henetha.

matson Sun 04-Oct-15 12:42:08

Stunning film, tense and funny in parts... but have to say the book was excellent.

NanKate Sun 04-Oct-15 13:43:51

My DS has just emailed me to say the film is brilliant and that his dad and I must see it soon.

He liked the book too but thought the film was even better.

grannyactivist Sun 04-Oct-15 14:26:01

I really enjoyed the film, which we watched on Friday night. However, my husband spent the whole walk home taking the science to pieces. The poor man has only just got over his confusion from a trip to see Much Ado About Nothing at the theatre earlier in the week. grin

Tegan Mon 26-Oct-15 21:41:42

Just seen it; did enjoy it but thought it was 20 minutes too long. Didn't understand any of the science, and am pretty sure it didn't withstand close scrutiny but did understand the use of gaffer tape[although couldn't understand how he was able to rip it as it surely needs a pair of scissors and, even then it sticks to everything, including your hands.