Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Stender's!!

(36 Posts)
kittylester Thu 26-Nov-15 21:06:59

Someone please explain. I'm a bit poorly and didn't understand ANY of it. confused

grumppa Thu 26-Nov-15 21:16:29

Sorry, Mrs. Grumppa and I are as baffled as you are!

glassortwo Thu 26-Nov-15 21:37:33

Not seen it yet, sorry cant help.

Jane10 Thu 26-Nov-15 21:47:23

Yup. Its a puzzle!

Pittcity Thu 26-Nov-15 21:58:45

Getting really complicated.
Vincent knows Ronnie killed Karl and is informing the police about what the Mitchells have been up to.
Jordan was the son of Denise's husband who is in prison for murder. He had been arrested and gave her address.
People from the past keep popping up and know things about the past of others.
We need an encyclopedia explaining who is related to who and what has gone on in their past.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Nov-15 22:05:15

I've forgotten so much of the back story. What makes them think we can remember stuff like who Denise's husband was? And his son? It was so long ago. It's only just dawned on me who Karl was. confused And has Kathy gone again?

Coolgran65 Thu 26-Nov-15 22:19:25

It was only when I read Pittcitys post that I realised what Stender's was....
Can't help - only watch it now and again.
But did catch a few minutes this evening and thought that Sharon's starting to look a bit rough.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Nov-15 22:23:59

Yes. She is truly becoming "a Mitchell". grin

soontobe Thu 26-Nov-15 22:29:52

I was confused on about last friday's episode. Sound like it has got a whole heap worse.

I stopped watching then, because I thought, Eastenders seems to want us to like all it's lovable rogues.
But do lovable rogues exist? hmm shock
Who locks someone in under the stairs, and then tries to help them with their problems the next morning? [puzzled] [Vincent to Fatboy]
And we have always had Phil who is a thug but loads seem to like him [puzzled]
And then there is Ronnie, who murders someone, but hey ho, she has had a terrible time, so not to overly worry because the person she murdered was a thug etc.

I think I will put off watching the other episodes for a few days more.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Nov-15 22:43:51

I can't remember why she murdered Karl.

Alima Fri 27-Nov-15 06:19:53

Because he was bad news for Roxy? Cannot remember why exactly. Roxy is Ronnie's sister in case you forget. (They seem to think we will forget that so keep reminding us).
What I want to know is how much longer Cora will be flitting through the allotments without an obvious story line. Do you think she filmed all her scenes at one or do they call her in once a month or so for an updated flit?

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 06:44:43

Last time Cora was on she looked cleaner than the time before!

Prison education has got better lately as Denise's husband is now a surgeon!

Wasn't Karl going to rape her? It's nice to see Honey - she makes me smile!

DD2 is my go to expert and even she is confused.

ninathenana Fri 27-Nov-15 07:56:27

Where did Cathy go ?
Why hasn't Ronnie been arrested ?
Where are the Mitchell "we're sisters" children ?
Who would seriously give Dot her job back ?
Did anyone else pick up on the hint of Vincent possibly being a copper ?

Pittcity Fri 27-Nov-15 08:24:00

The children go upstairs and come down six months later with a new face.

downtoearth Fri 27-Nov-15 08:34:34

I keep going up and downstairs hoping for a new face ....nope I have still got the old one grin

ninathenana Fri 27-Nov-15 08:45:28

grin downtoearth

PRINTMISS Fri 27-Nov-15 16:39:02

Surely if Vincent is a 'cop' then he should 'cop' Ronnie because he knows she killed Karl, who was evidently getting too friendly with Roxy, and we all know that Ronnie is Roxy's sister and looks after her, so Roxy goes to the police about Ronnie killing Karl, in order that Ronnie will be out of the way so that she (Roxy) can share her life with the very doubtful Dean, who did (we saw it) rape the publican's wife (sorry I have forgotten her name). however, it is not the police who come to arrest Ronnie, but some friends of Vincent (I assume) who get her out of the way, then return her, so that ...................................oh I give up.

soontobe Fri 27-Nov-15 16:43:03

He is an informant apparently.
I have forgotten the rest!

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 17:14:26

Thank goodness, I'm not the only one - wonder what will happen tonight!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 27-Nov-15 17:26:21

nina he's definitely a copper. They make it up as they go along, instalment by instalment. hmm

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 18:01:43

He's not a copper! He's a grass! Possibly!!!

Charleygirl Fri 27-Nov-15 18:38:01

Thankfully I have never watched it or Emmerdale. I will stick with Coronation Street. I now need sub titles because of the muttering, especially among the younger generation.

Marelli Fri 27-Nov-15 19:14:46

Which one was Karl? Was he the one that used to be a policeman? How did Ronnie murder him?
And I have no idea about Denise's husband - or even that she had one in the first place.... confused

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 19:28:11

I think Denise has had a few- the father/s of her daughters, Kevin, Jordan's dad.......confused

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 19:31:08

Karl was a thug! The ex police one (who wasn't) was Nicks son but I don't know whether he is dead or alive!