Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Line of Duty series 3

(176 Posts)
NanKate Thu 24-Mar-16 09:12:30

On BBC 2 tonight series 3 of Line of Duty returns. It has 5 stars in my newspaper.

I have just watched the whole of series 2 on BBC IPlayer, even though I had seen it before it really was gripping and to be honest I had forgotten most of the twists and turns.

Enjoy smile

ninathenana Thu 24-Mar-16 10:12:24

Looking forward to it ?

PRINTMISS Thu 24-Mar-16 10:15:58

Me too, there is not a lot on television during the summer season, and this will make up for that I think.

Alima Thu 24-Mar-16 14:21:57

I did not see the first two series. Hoping it will be possible to pick up this one ok.

Coolgran65 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:18:11

We watched series 2 over the last 3 days in preparation for series 3 starting tonight.

whitewave Thu 24-Mar-16 20:20:22

Yes did enjoy this. I am sure you will be able to pick it up alima

NanKate Thu 24-Mar-16 20:52:27

Alima if you have BBC IPlayer you can easily access series 2. I have watched it over 3 days and now prefer to have a whole series at my finger tips, none of this waiting until the following week. Patience was never a virtue of mine. grin

whitewave Thu 24-Mar-16 22:01:17

Well that was very different not sure what I think

J52 Thu 24-Mar-16 22:14:25

Another fan! For some reason I missed series 3 in real time, so also watched it on I player. She had me convinced until the end!

So who fired the shot tonight?

x

Alima Thu 24-Mar-16 22:26:33

Yes, think I can see what is happening. I will have a look at the last series, had not realised that you can catch older things on I player, thanks for that NanKate.

tanith Thu 24-Mar-16 22:55:44

I really like it but I'm guessing there is a lot of back story that would help me make sense of things... I'll have to watch the 2nd series before next week..

NanKate Thu 24-Mar-16 23:09:12

The BBC put series 2 on IPlayer quite recently, I think it was to whet the appetite for the next series. It certainly worked for me.

Quite a few of the weekend newspapers have a section on what good programmes are coming up on Catch Up, Nowtv, Netflix etc, this is what alerted me to the series. I keep a note of the recommendations for when I want something good to watch.

Marelli Thu 24-Mar-16 23:26:38

I'll have to watch Series 2 again on iPlayer. Had a quick look and saw that it was screened in 2014, so no wonder it's hard to pick up on!
Something good to watch over the next few days now. smile

Lona Fri 25-Mar-16 15:25:48

Just watched the latest episode, it seemed very fast moving! Was it Harri who shot him I wonder? The blood effects were very realistic at the end.

ninathenana Fri 25-Mar-16 16:39:21

Lona S thinks he shot himself. He did seem depressed earlier in the episode but I think it's more likely Harri.
The SFX. were impressive.

gettingonabit Fri 25-Mar-16 18:10:10

What happened to series 1? Is it on DVD?

NanKate Sat 26-Mar-16 07:27:00

I think I must have missed series 1 and can't find it anywhere unfortunately Getting

kittylester Sat 26-Mar-16 08:13:31

I'm not sure it's necessary to watch the previous series first!

Lona Sat 26-Mar-16 08:23:42

No, I don't think it is either kitty While the same actors appear in it, the cases under investigation are different each series.

Welshwife Sat 26-Mar-16 08:40:47

We were talking about this with DD last evening - like us she has watched both previous series - on her Sky channel she was able to watch a synopsis of the first two series showing the characters and the main points - I think you do need to watch both series - there is a policewoman from series one who is in Jail - was stitched up and did not commit the crime - you also know who is the mole - the caddie- from a previous episode - won't say as do not wish to spoil it for people watching the previous series. There was also a black policeman who committed suicide at the end of a series to ensure his family got his pension.
When she DD showed me the synopsis film bits I was amazed at how much I had forgotten - but it is a long time since the last series - almost two years I think.

WilmaKnickersfit Sat 26-Mar-16 09:48:14

There's a summary of the first 2 series here on iplayer

The story so far

The main things you need to know right now are

- Steve used to work on the armed response team, which is why he was able to say at the scene of the shooting that he thought it was dodgy.

- Dot was a corrupt cop (the Caddy) and maybe still is.

- Kate had an affair and ended up sleeping in her car last time. Her ex has custody of their young son.

- Ted (Adrian Dunbar) is (was?) married and blew their life savings without telling his wife. Not sure, but he may be in debt which is not permitted in the police force.

- we'll be kept guessing almost until the end. wink

gettingonabit Sat 26-Mar-16 10:52:05

Glad there's a synopsis, but I still feel I'd like to watch Series 1 (still in withdrawal from Happy Valley). I saw the first of Series 2, which ended with Jessica Raine being pushed out ofca window. There's so much to get my head around: I didn't realise Keely Hawes was a baddie, for example.

I'm hoping to get it on DVD, and binge-watch it before Series 2.

WilmaKnickersfit Sat 26-Mar-16 18:13:41

If anyone has the time, you won't regret watching the series you've missed. It's riveting stuff, plus you'll get to know the main characters. wink

gettingonabit Fri 01-Apr-16 14:40:47

Anyone watching? Riveting, but clear as mudgrin. My guess is a paedo ring involving Danny, shot bloke and decapitated bloke. And why did Dot burn the list? Who was on it?

Coolgran65 Fri 01-Apr-16 14:53:27

Last night - Danny was lying on the floor bleeding badly. Dark haired police officer was trying to help him and her hands and wrists were covered in blood.

The senior female officer arrived and told them all to go back to the station. As they all came out of the house the female office with the blood covered hands..... no longer had any blood on her. She was using her phone and her hands were spotless. ..... oooops !!