Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Disappearance

(15 Posts)
TerriBull Sun 29-May-16 15:29:39

Did anyone watch the first two episodes of the new French drama on BBC4 last night? I found it well up to the standard of some of the best Scandi Noir and the other great French offering "Spiral ". This one is set in Lyon one of my favourite French cities. It finished on a cliff hanger, can't wait for episode 3 and 4 next week. Finally something decent for Saturday nights, it's loads better than that dreary Welsh "Hinterland" that my husband has insisted on watching for the past few weeks.

Welshwife Sun 29-May-16 15:58:17

We watched as much as we could - in that we had the most horrendous thunder storm which disrupted the signal and we lost the end of Ep 1 and beg of 2. I enjoyed it and listening to the French being spoken is good for us - but I must confess to liking Hinterland too!

silverlining48 Sun 29-May-16 16:04:48

Yes we watched it, looking forward to next Saturday. Amazing how we have got used to watching foreign series, have enjoyed them all. Certainly improves a usually dire Saturday night tv.

Tegan Sun 29-May-16 20:09:22

I'd decided to watch some of it to give it a go but probably wouldn't watch it as I'm getting fed up with watching programmes where beautiful young girls get brutally murdered. As it turned out I carried on watching it and will certainly watch next week.(oops...to many 'watchings' but iPad thingy is horrible to use and can't face editing it.

rosesarered Sun 29-May-16 20:12:17

Yes, watched both episides and we enjoyed it so far, good acting from all.

whitewave Sun 29-May-16 20:12:32

Got it recorded

Auntieflo Mon 13-Jun-16 13:40:51

Enjoying Disappearance so far, and watched recorded episodes last night. By the way, does anyone think that the young detective, Camille, looks a bit like a young Holly Aird?

rosesarered Mon 13-Jun-16 17:51:17

Two more episodes to go! Whodunnit? any ideas? DH thinks that Chris's father did it, I think the racing instructor.It probably won't be either.Could be Chris herself?

carolmary Mon 13-Jun-16 17:56:33

I don't trust Chris either! However could she have done the burying, digging up and dumping in the lake on her own? Probably just one of the many red herrings.

Badenkate Mon 13-Jun-16 18:08:48

I'm very suspicious of Chris's father as well. What was he saying to the young man who was found dead in the car? There was a lot of gesticulating going on.

gettingonabit Mon 13-Jun-16 18:41:13

I think there's something going on with Chris's dad too.

I'm probably being thick but I've no idea what's going on with the dead man in the car.

And I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the camera kept lingering on a scruffy bloke who looked like an outsider. Who was he, I wonder?

Nordog Thu 16-Jun-16 21:45:27

I'm watching it but liked the Icland series better, with that big lumbering policeman.

Nordog Tue 21-Jun-16 11:41:01

I thought that girl was a sly bitch.

LullyDully Tue 21-Jun-16 11:53:53

We enjoyed this. Plenty of red herrings but no distracting clutter like some of the recent ones. Also the French was clearer than the Paris detective one with the pregnant detective who kept showing us her awful stained knickers..

We enjoyed it but so sad that such a lovely daughter was involved in such sordid stuff.
( on rereading, sorry for the ramble)

Tegan Tue 21-Jun-16 12:05:13

I did stick with it. Thought it was very well made and the acting was good. However, I am getting tired of watching series about young beautiful girls being murdered so I don't think I'll even start watching another one.