Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts 4!!

(1000 Posts)
phoenix Sun 31-Jul-16 19:31:10

"Alas poor Scruff, I knew him well, who could forget that pungent smell?"

Gracesgran Sun 31-Jul-16 19:43:49

Well done Lynda, for coming to the rescue.

I agree with those who have been looking at the mumsnet spoilers - it could be an interesting week. The wheel of fortune seems to be turning for Rob ... oh please let it be!

LullyDully Sun 31-Jul-16 19:56:06

Thought it may have been Robert dead, poor old Scruff is a better option.

DaphneBroon Sun 31-Jul-16 19:59:20

Rather see Toby/Rob dead than dear old Scruff, welling up as I write. Need a stiff gin -well any excuse sadsad

merlotgran Sun 31-Jul-16 19:59:24

Thanks for the new thread, Phoenix

It's going to be an interesting month.

AyjayF Sun 31-Jul-16 20:25:55

Scruff dead?? I suspect Rob

LullyDully Sun 31-Jul-16 20:34:24

Oh yes. He had a free afternoon

Iam64 Sun 31-Jul-16 21:30:50

Thanks Phoenix for the new thread. rIp Scruff, I feel for Lyndi she's had a tough time recently but Robert really is a love so far as Lyndi is concerned. Are they going to lose their money and their lifestyle next?

DaphneBroon Sun 31-Jul-16 22:05:45

ayjayF he could well have been a witness.
Poor Scruff, if there is one thing I can't do it is dead dogs in fiction. Does anybody remember Eddie's dog?
It must have been 1997(?) I had just taken my father back to Scotland after spending a week with us after Mum's funeral. I vividly remember driving south through the Lakes as Eddie mourned his dog and I simply CRIED MY EYES OUT letting out all the grief of Mum's sudden death, Dad's total sense of loss and the news that my DH had to have a liver transplant or works not have survived 6 months.

DaphneBroon Sun 31-Jul-16 22:06:18

Or "would not survive 6 months"

Galen Sun 31-Jul-16 23:00:36

*PLEASE.. WHAT HAS HAPPENED? I've missed it.

HannahLoisLuke Mon 01-Aug-16 07:16:48

How could the scriptwriters kill off Scruff! After he went missing for so long and then miraculously returned on Christmas Eve. That made my Christmas and now they kill him off. I'm seriously pissed off.

Iam64 Mon 01-Aug-16 07:17:52

Galen, there have been hints for a couple of weeks about Scruff sleeping more, dozing happily next to Lyndi in the garden. He died peacefully, with her on Sunday evening (well, during the Sunday evening episode). It seems that Lyndi and Fallon may be forging a friendship, which can only be a Good Thing.

There are also hints from Robert, that financially things aren't as secure as they previously have been.

Alas, poor Scruff. I've always felt he could tell us a lot about the flood and what happened to Stephan.
In fact, until Scruff's return, I'd feared it was half his body that was above the feed at Berrow Farm, causing the illness amongst the cows. Such is my dislike of Rob, I'd believed he'd deliberately put half a dogs body above the feed to cause problems for Charlie.

LullyDully Mon 01-Aug-16 08:10:28

I aways find it quite touching that Linda does get on well with a few unlikely people dispute her manner. She has always been able to tolerate the hapless Kate and she bore no grudges with Fallon.

DaphneBroon Mon 01-Aug-16 08:30:46

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p042n9lr?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=the_archers&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=radio_and_music

If you can bear to listen.
Tissue alert sad

Gracesgran Mon 01-Aug-16 09:19:04

I agree LullyDully,she seems to forge friendships with younger people, often the difficult ones. Was't Scruff Dan's dog? I seem to remember she homed a dog for a child with asthma or some such.

Although 'Lindi' is a snob, underneath that she is very well meaning. I can see people getting to value her and then to like her - but probably in that order smile She obviously suits Robert very well indeed. They have had money problems in the past though; I think Robert was made redundant.

DaphneBroon Mon 01-Aug-16 09:26:43

Name dropping alert
We knew Carole Boyd (Lynda Snell) 47 or so years ago when as a young actress she was at The Byre Theatre in St Andrews. It (the old theatre, since replaced) was so small I think there was only one way on or off the stage and the audience in the front row were asked not to put their feet up on the edge of the stage!
Met her again briefly in London when she was on Waggoners Walk and have always followed her career with interest. Recent pics of her show she still looks amazing and I am so pleased her pension is taken care of! smile
Go, Lyndie!!

Nelliemoser Mon 01-Aug-16 09:37:07

Then there was Jack Wolley's "Captain" a Staffie I think.
I think everyone was expecting a very OTT funeral oration and in the end it was very dignified eulogy.

Gracesgran Mon 01-Aug-16 17:24:59

Happy Birthday Johnny - 18 Today!

The character has been a good addition to TA imo so hope we hear more from him in the next year.

merlotgran Mon 01-Aug-16 17:56:14

He'll have a full time job if Tom goes swanning off again.

Elrel Mon 01-Aug-16 18:28:20

Yes, Johnny is a good addition, Henry needs him too!
I loved that the fete went well on Sunday. Fallon coped with the unavailability of the Brazilian footballer by showing appreciation to Lynda - a SW master stroke. Instead of feeling past it Lynda was right at the centre of things. Poor old Scruff, drifting off while asleep in the sun isn't the worst way to go but I guess his time was up.

Iam64 Mon 01-Aug-16 18:36:51

Yes, good episode on Sunday. I agree that Johnny is a good addition to the family, he's grounded and sensible (unlike that *** Josh). Rob tried to persuade him to do the management bit of his college course, knowing he'd fail. Thank goodness for Jazzer and Tom who talked sense into Johnny but I don't expect Johnny will forget that and no doubt he'll realise that Rob was trying to undermine him
Now that Mr O'Connor has returned to eastenders, it feels like Ambridge is coming home at last.

phoenix Mon 01-Aug-16 19:11:51

Well, what an absolute git! Telling Henry that Granny & Grandad ,"only want to see you on Sundays" shock

Gracesgran Mon 01-Aug-16 19:16:22

I do love the continuity comments smile

merlotgran Mon 01-Aug-16 19:30:56

I think Emma will remain loyal. She's no pushover.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion