Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

BECK

(12 Posts)
Auntieflo Sun 18-Sep-16 21:28:34

has anyone been watching Beck? We have just watched the 4th one on catch up, and it appears that his sidekick, Grunvald, is dead! He was alive in the last one, so what happened?

notnecessarilywiser Sun 18-Sep-16 21:59:32

It sounds as though you missed one, Auntieflo - have a look on the iPlayer for the episode called "Gunvald". Much better than me trying to recall the details for you!

Grannyknot Sun 18-Sep-16 22:06:32

I love Beck. I can tell you what happened if you like?

I thought I'd never get over Gunvald, but I'm very happy with the new guy. smile

Nannylovesshopping Sun 18-Sep-16 22:16:40

I love this programme, but Gunvald was so easy on the eye, I'm still missing himsad

Grannyknot Sun 18-Sep-16 22:20:18

This comment from a reviewer says it all:

Series 6, episode 1 is the most poignant, heartbreaking episode of all the Beck series. What's Beck without Gunvald Larsson? A very tragic ending; we've lost one of our most loved characters in the history of foreign crime films.

Grannyknot Sun 18-Sep-16 22:20:51

nanny too true smile

trisher Sun 18-Sep-16 22:42:44

I miss Gunvald as well. New bloke is interesting but not as good looking and charismatic. I am a bit confused about the time frame. Episode before he was killed and earlier in that series I seem to think Beck's GS was about 11 but in the episode where G died he was a teenager I think. That was him staying with Beck wasn't it? I know time flies but this seems incredibly fast or have I missed something?

Grannyknot Mon 19-Sep-16 08:05:30

We also noticed 're the grandson "shooting up". I think sometimes a bit of poetic licence is taken when an actor has to be replaced for whatever reason, and it can be confusing.

I was so upset about Gunvald, that I Googled and read up why he was written out (especially being such a popular character) and it is because the actor wishes to concentrate on his international film career - unsurprisingly as he is so good, he was getting offers.

trisher Mon 19-Sep-16 09:54:40

OOh so I can look out for him in other things, something to look forward to.

Elysium Thu 29-Sep-16 00:26:06

Is Beck coming back? Have I been half asleep and missed something? Arrrrrrgh!

Grannyknot Thu 29-Sep-16 07:50:51

Beck has been on BBC4 - this is the current series on iPlayer, there's only one episode left ("The End of the Road"):

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06chqn8/episodes/guide

Auntieflo Thu 29-Sep-16 08:45:23

Thank you NNwiser, we did find the Gunvald episode on catch up and watched it. Very sad. We are ready to record the next and possibly last one, soon. I'm just sorry that we hadn't found the Beck series sooner, as it was so good.