Gransnet forums

Webchats

Kate Winslet and Alan Rickman video Q&A 14 April

(82 Posts)
LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 09-Apr-15 22:54:13

Gransnet are delighted to be speaking to Kate Winslet about her role in new film A Little Chaos, directed by another well-loved English actor, Alan Rickman - who we'll also be putting your questions to! Want to know the ins and outs of shooting (and directing!) a period drama? Just how comfortable it is to sport a corset (even as part of a costume)?! Here's your chance. Leave your (film-related) questions for Kate and Alan on the thread by 14 April at 9am and we'll be filming their answers shortly after.

A Little Chaos re-imagines the creation of the Rockwork Grove, one small element of the Sun King, Louis XIV’s building of the magnificent Palace of Versailles. Madame Sabine De Barra (Kate Winslet) is an unlikely candidate for landscape architect of the still-to-be-completed Palace of Versailles. She has little time for the classical, ordered designs of the man who hires her, the famous architect Le Nôtre (Matthias Schoenaerts). However, as she works on her creation, she finds herself drawn to the enigmatic Le Nôtre and forced to negotiate the perilous rivalries and intricate etiquette of the court of King Louis XIV (Alan Rickman). But Sabine is made of strong stuff; her honesty and compassion help her to overcome both the challenges of her newfound popularity, and an unspeakable tragedy from her past, to win the favour of the Sun King and the heart of Le Nôtre.

Riverwalk Tue 14-Apr-15 17:56:29

Logo Cook grin

Has a certain ring to it.

soulcage Tue 14-Apr-15 19:14:12

Damn autocorrect... the "use" should of course be "true". Sorry.

Marmight Fri 17-Apr-15 09:36:31

Having just viewed the much awaited video, I think it's safe to say that neither actor viewed any of the questions on Gransnet!! Possibly a lucky escape for them wink

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 21-Apr-15 09:32:32

For anyone who might have missed it...here's the aforementioned video:

Tegan Tue 21-Apr-15 14:49:57

They seemed to answer the questions from the people who have never been on gransnet before. And, to answer my own question I think this is part of the very good publicity that has been generated for this film hmm...

constance Tue 12-May-15 09:59:58

I like the look of this film!