Ageing research and support
- Beth Johnson Foundation - challenges age discrimination through pioneering initiatives that bring together research, policy and best practice.
- Independent Age - charity providing lifelong friendship and practical support to older people on very low incomes, in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- NAACPS - UK network for small-scale and family-based services for older and disabled people, including Shared Lives.
- Grandparents Plus - national charity which champions the vital role of grandparents and the wider family in children’s lives - especially when they take on the caring role in difficult family circumstances.
- Bliss - support and care for premature and sick babies.
- CReSTeD (Council for the Registration of Schools Teaching Dyslexic Pupils) - publishes a register of schools each year.
- HemiHelp - organisation supporting children and young people with hemiplegia, and their families.
- National Deaf Children's Society - events, helpline support and one-to-one advice on childhood deafness.
- SOS!SEN - provide help and support for children with special needs.
- ASBAH - support for individuals and families of those with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
- Special Kids in the UK - charity for families who have a child of any age with special needs.
- Migraine Clinic - research centre and outpatient service for people with migraine and other headaches.
- Children's Heart Federation - information and campaigning forquality of life of children and young people living with congenital and acquired heart disease.
- Epilepsy Action - support and advice for people with epilepsy and their friends and family.
- ERIC - information and support for childhood bedwetting, daytime wetting, soiling and constipation.
- Growing Old Disgracefully - a network of joyful and liberated older women, for friendship, support and fun.
- RAF Families Federation - independent voice for the serving RAF and their families.
- The Good Gym - getting people in Tower Hamlets and beyond off treadmills and into their communities to tackle isolation of elderly people.
- Share History - a site for historical records to be brought together and shared with others in order to build up a picture of people, places, events.
- Jubilee Time Capsule - tell the world your story from the last 60 years to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee.
- Funeral Map - advice and information on local funeral services.
Our webguide lists the best websites for information and services out there. If you have a suggestion for this list, or would like to swap reciprocal links, please email email@example.com
Want to ask other gransnetters for help? Try our forums for the best of gransnetters' wisdom.