Santiago scallops recipe from stephgr
Ingredients16 large scallops
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp sherry
25g fine breadcrumbs
2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley
Pinch of salt
4 large scallop shells for serving
Handy HintThis is a simple, healthy and very tasty starter. It's perfect for dinner parties and special occasions because it looks and tastes fabulous without too much effort! If you don't have scallop shells then small dishes such as ramekins are great. You can omit the sherry or replace it with brandy.
Method1. Finely chop the onion, garlic and flat leaf parsley.
2. De-seed and finely chop the tomatoes
3. Chop the scallops in half horizontally and place 3 halves in each scallop shell.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a pan, add the finely chopped onion and garlic. Fry until soft.
5. Stir in the paprika and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Add the sherry and continue cooking until thickened.
5. Combine the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and a pinch of salt.
6. Spoon an equal quantity of sauce over each scallop dish and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture. Spoon over the remaining oil and bake under a medium-hot grill for about 5-7 minutes until golden.