Gransnet forums

AIBU

To not let GD have use of my pad?

(10 Posts)
YourRoyalHighness Fri 06-May-11 22:20:33

My GS got married last week, to a perfectly nice girl (albeit rather below him in status).

Anyway, my beef is that I let them use my pad to celebrate in, whilst I went away for the weekend with DH.

When I got back, the place looked like a disco - they'd hung some rather bizarre 'lights' over my chandeliers and the place stank of bacon sarnies.

DH could only mutter "I told you not to let them have the run of the place".

My grandaughter is getting married later in the year (to a rugby player) and now I'm thinking there's no way I'm doing the same for her. Am I being unreasonable?

glassortwo Fri 06-May-11 22:24:44

YANBU, you have got to think of the corgi's. grin

dolally Sat 07-May-11 00:11:53

YANBU at all.
Put your foot down with a firm hand.
Who exactly wears the crown pants round your place?

dolally Sat 07-May-11 00:12:43

grin

YourRoyalHighness Sat 07-May-11 15:01:12

Oh, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to reply.

DH definitely wears the pants in this household and only let me have my way because he was hoping to have his way with me he quite fancied a dirty weekend away.

Have told DGD I couldn't possibly have all the rugby crowd round and all is well as she might have it at her mum's instead.

Would love to chat, but have 135 for lunch tomorrow so I've got to do a quick trip round Sainsburys.grin

HildaW Sun 08-May-11 12:57:34

Sainsburys?.......gosh did not realize things were that bad..always saw you as a Waitrose girl

glammanana Sun 08-May-11 14:28:20

Sainsburys indeed isnt that where your new Grand-daughter in law
(her of the lower status) shops.

Pigletmania Mon 09-May-11 19:38:40

No its Waitrose grin

YourRoyalHighness Tue 10-May-11 11:59:12

Yes, I'm afraid I'm having to show restraint (along with the rest of the commoners country).

I used to be a Harrods girl but I found the customer service somewhat lacking after a rather dreadful death in the family; sad although I'm told it's under new ownership now so I may have a little splurge for some American acquaintances of mine. grin

The Granchildren are all behaving themselves at the moment - 2 of my DGDsmust have had a clearout of their wardrobes as I spotted an Ocotopus crawling out of some millinery outside Princess Allys The Princess Alice charity shop, when I drove past at the weekend.

I just hope my DC can manage to get through the week without disgracing me.

Must go - DH is complaining that I'm "on that bleddy site" again. grin

Nono Tue 10-May-11 18:50:59

This is terrible - I have only just discovered Gransnet, my first on-line interactive experience, and I am addicted!
Reading the above just made me LOL (wow and I am beginning to speak the lingo too). DH just sighs.