Gransnet forums

AIBU

Ya Know

(7 Posts)
HildaW Tue 24-May-11 13:37:29

Lol Supernana......I'll have to think of something similar!

supernana Tue 24-May-11 12:36:37

HildaW whenever my husband answers a nuisance call and the caller asks to speak to Mr So and So...he replies..."he's in prison...and I'm minding his missus..." Never fails! smile

HildaW Tue 24-May-11 11:56:51

Suppernana.....me too also when they put on this highly insincere tone and ask you how you are?....they dont know me from Adam and can remember when going through a particularly tough patch being very upset by a careless 'and how are you today?'

LullyDully Sun 22-May-11 21:08:16

Perhaps we should consider a modern catch phrase such as 'Get a life.'
Language is dynamic and as such should be expected to change. We are a different generation to those much younger and grew up when the world was quite different.

I can remember language we used which annoyed my parent's generation equally. What is important is that we keep communication open and share ideas together.

supernana Tue 10-May-11 13:05:17

I could scream when anyone who doesn't know me casually addresses me with "Hiya"...especially at the start of a nuisance telephone call...if they bothered to say "hello" I would stop to listen...

mollie Mon 09-May-11 18:53:03

Oooh, that's as bad (in my eyes) as 'well, I mean' when someone starts to reply to a question during an interview on the TV ... confused

toothfairy Mon 09-May-11 18:50:56

people being interviewed who put a "Ya Know" after nearly every word,I am so busy listening to the inserts i ve no idea what the topic is about.