Gransnet forums

AIBU

Old boyfriend

(27 Posts)
Magsie Mon 16-May-11 09:56:14

I bumped into an old boyfriend that I hadn't seen for about 30 years. We only had a moment to chat but as we are both on Facebook, I said I would message him to catch up. I told my husband but he wasn't very happy about it, I'm in touch with other male colleagues, friends etc but he feels this is different as it's an old boyfriend. I thought that as it was so long ago and the "boy" is in his 70's now, it wasn't a problem. What do others think?

Magsie Thu 26-May-11 20:48:06

nannapippa I'm sure you're right about the problems with Facebook. The internet has made it so much easier to get in touch with people from your past & it's not always a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of messaging this old boyfriend if I hadn't run into him because we parted on bad terms. He was quite a bit older than me which wasn't so obvious when we were younger but is very obvious now! Like Hattie64 I was glad that we hadn't ended up together, However, I would have liked the chance to make my peace with him. If I hadn't told my husband in the first place, I could probably have done that & moved on. Now I feel I can't get in touch because my husband is so against it & I wouldn't want to upset him.